Chapter 4- Frank's POV

Who the hell was Gerard Way?
I looked across the Main Tent for the possible guys that may be named Gerard Way.
Can't be the squealing people because obviously they have been grouped with their loved ones.
Suddenly, a guy with bright, red hair caught my eye. He was around my age, 18. He had bright green eyes that shone because of the sunlight, a pair of chapped lips and a high-bridged nose. He sighed softly.
Wow, I thought. This guy is hot.
He looked at me, and I quickly turned away.
Sh*t.
Dr. Death Defying told us to go to our tents. The mysterious Gerard Way and my tent number was 322.
Once we disbanded from the main tent, I quickly rushed to the tent and slept.
After a while, I heard footsteps of two people; one heavy and one light.
"No, Mikey. I have no idea who my tentmate is. I mean, personally."
The other guy whined. "Gerard, you've gotta find out! I wanna know!"
OMG is one of them Gerard Way, my tentmate?
I leaned closer to the door of the tent.
"Chill, brother Way. I'm going in. Mikes, you gotta leave."
The guy swore. "Fine." Then he stomped away.
There was a little shake in the tent. "Um..anyone inside named Frank Iero?"
I flinched. That was me!
"Uh..yes? He's..um..sleeping...so.."
The guy (possibly Gerard) chuckled. "Hey, I think you are Frank. I am Gerard. Let me in?"
I had no choice but to say yes.
Once Gerard opened the tent door, I regretted it.
It was indeed the hot guy with the red hair.
Gerard smiled. "Hey! You were the guy who looked at me a while ago at the Main Tent!"
I nodded slowly. "Uh huh yes that was me."
Gerard grinned and sat down in the tent we shared. "So..bit about me. I like drawing, so I have a load of sketchpads and pencils and, oh my God is that an electric guitar?"
I looked across the tent where my electric guitar and amplifier were.
Gerard's green eyes shone brightly. "Can you play it for me, please? I know we just met, but I wanna hear it. It's been a long time since I've had happiness in me. Since I'm.." he looked away. "Never mind Frank." He stayed quiet for a while, suddenly becoming so sad. Then his face shown up. "Will you play it for me please?"
I shrugged. I had no choice but to say yes.
I got my guitar, plugged the guitar in the amplifier, and strummed a chord. A G chord.
Gerard looked so sad and happy at the same time. "It's been a long time since I've heard a guitar. The last time I heard it was when my-my grandma was still in Earth."
I looked at Gerard. "I'm sorry," I said softly.
Gerard shrugged it off. "It's fine, Frank."
He stretched his arms. "May I borrow? Your guitar?"
I handed my guitar to him and then his eyes swelled in delight. "A Fender guitar..a fan like Elena."
He slid his fingers across the strings carefully, as if he was stroking someone's face. Then he positiones his fingers, then played a song I didn't recognize.
He opened his mouth to sing, but no words came out. He stopped playing the guitar. "Still can't," he muttered. "Still can't."
I looked at Gerard. "Still can't what?"
Gerard looked away once more. "Still can't play guitar and sing at the same time." He gave me back my guitar, looking disappointed.
Suddenly, I had an idea. "Hey, Gerard. How about this? You teach me the chords, then you'll sing?"
Gerard's eyes lit up once more. "Great idea! Okay, chords are..."
He began telling me chords and the beat. Finally, once I perfected it, we were ready.
"Ready, Frank?"
"F*cking ready."
I began strumming the chords Gerard taught me. Then he began singing softly.

When I was a young boy
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band
He said, "Son when you grow up
Would you be the Savior of the broken,
The beaten and the damned?"
He said, "Will you defeat them
You demons and all the non-believers
The plans that they have made?
Because one day I'll leave you
A phantom in the summer
To join the Black Parade?

Then suddenly he stopped singing. "What?" I said, stopping too.
He made a face. "You're staring. Anything wrong?"
I shook my head. "Nothing wrong."
In reality, I stopped because Gerard's voice was so beautiful my hands failed to play such a beautiful song sung by him. I looked at my guitar. My skills in playing the guitar is no match to Gerard's angelic voice. We continued playing.

When I was a young boy
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band
He said, "Son when, you grow up
Would you be the Savior of the broken
The beaten and the damned?"

Gerard stopped. He looked down again. "That's all I've made. I know, it's awful."
"Hey, Gerard. It's beautiful. And wait, you made it?"
I nearly dropped my guitar. The song was so beautiful and Gerard made it by himself?
"I didn't make it alone. Ray and my brother Mikey made it too. We were thinking of forming a band, that's why. I as the lead vocals, Mikey as the bassist, Ray as the lead guitarist, and we needed a drummer and a rhythym guitar. And, based on how you play, you make a good rhythym guitarist!"
I blushed at the compliment Gerard just gave me. "Ah shucks, Gerard. You don't have to be such a plastic!"
Gerard laughed. "Well, if you wanted honesty, that's all I have to say! It's legit: you're good."
I turned redder. "You're good at singing. It's legit.:
Gerard mocked me by saying, "Ah shucks, Frankie. You don't have to be such a plastic!"
We both laughed together.