Smile, Maybe?

~might be a little sad, enjoy/cry? -lokikatie~

Katie's POV

We land in the cafeteria of the helicarrier, in front of Steve and Natasha.

"Jetstream! Sweetheart, where have you been?" Natasha shrieks. Steve looks utterly confused.

"Asgard?" I say, hugging her.

"What is that? You got engaged? Sweetie, why do you look so tired and hurt? What happened there?"

"That's an engagement ring, yes. I'm tired and hurt because..." I stop, feeling the sadness come. Steve finally snaps out of his surprise coma and slaps me hard.

"YOU CAN NOT GET ENGAGED! YOU ARE TOO YOUNG FOR HIM! YOU ARE MEANT FOR A HUMAN, NOT A GOD!" he shouts.

"Capsicle, control yourself. She just got home, and people from your time would get married at seventeen!" Tony says, pushing Steve away. Fury walks in right then, frowning. Clint follows, looking concerned. I get some ice to put on the burning red mark.

"What is going on here? And Katie, I need to see you in my office. We've got a punishment to go through," Fury says.

"Fury, lay off. She's a little traumatized. Steve just slapped her, she just got back to Earth, and she's obviously having engagement issues," Natasha says. I just sit quietly on the floor.

"So she was on Asgard, and she's engaged. Well, that girl gets down to business," Clint says, nodding towards me.

"Engaged? To Thor, or..." Fury asks.

"Loki. Thor is married, he has a baby! And in the midst of the Anarchy..." I trail off.

"You got engaged to the enemy ?" Fury yells. I look him dead in the eye, letting my palms light on fire, my expression pure rage. Everone looks at me as I scorch the floor.

"You don't know what I have seen these past few days. I killed people, I got engaged, and I watched a whole kingdom get burned, killed, and kidnapped. Even the children. I promised to go and sacrifice myself for the people, for my own fiancée. That's why I'm here. To say goodbye." I'm surrounded by utter silence. I let the fire die out, feeling cold, sore, and broken. Too cold. My arms turn blue, my hair blackening. The frost spreads onto the ground.

"I know, I know. A child should never have to go through that. I can't stop the present, can I? Just let me go peacefully, let me go at rest. I know what I have to do. I watched two gods witness their home destroyed. I watched a little girl mourn her sister. I watched my love get taken by a force strong enough to kidnap the Allfather. I burned and froze. And I held a little, innocent child in my arms. A little girl who will grow up in a different world, with powers that sue might not understand. But she will be loved and understood, not left to a murderous group by her own father. She will have a real family. She won't be forced into something that broke her."

"I... I love you. I want you to know that, since you are already taken," Steve says, breaking the thick silence. He walks out, and Bruce walks in.

"I heard it all, and I want you to know that even if I can't be a real family member, I'm always here," he says. Tears roll down my cheeks.

"Thank you," I whisper, blue slipping out of my skin. Coulson walks in, and frowns.

"I always pretended that you were my daughter. I will always remember you," he says, his voice breaking. Coulson hugs me.

Natasha hugs me and whispers in my ear,"You were always my favorite. I love you."

Tony looks at me, on the verge of tears. "I know I always tease you, but I truly do love you like a little sister. I can't imagine not having someone to sit on the beach with. Pepper loves you too. You were always her little girl."

I smile, hugging him close. Fury looks like he is about to cry, which is a new look for him.

"I always liked your humor, your smile, your willingness. You were a good teammate," he says, patting my back.

"I love you all, and I hope I return to you," I say, crying. Natasha hugs me gently and everyone else leaves. She looks at me, kisses my forehead, and walks out, leaving me alone.

I whisper Heimdall's name, and the Bifrost light surrounds me. As I start to fly away, Steve runs in.

"You were my sunshine. I'll miss you!" he yells, sorrow in his voice.

×*×*×*×*×