Chapter Twenty-Six

*Some of this content contains potentially distressing material for those of you struggling with depression, suicidal thoughts, and/or self harm.*

Clara had found herself playing a game of Exploding Snap. However, when a card exploded in Ginny's face for the third time in a row she called it quits and the game slowly ended not longer afterwards.

Clara and Michelle were soon left alone in the family room with Amelia as Charlie and Bill ventured to the kitchen to help their mother set up for dinner. Fred and George had vanished in a fit of laughter to their rooms, mumbling about a brilliant new game they thought up, and Clara had yet to see Percy after he left to his room with the package Penny sent him just over an hour ago.

She had wanted to follow after the boy, but Michelle advised against that idea, telling Clara that Percy needed time alone. Clara hated the idea, but agreed that it was probably for the best.

"So..." Michelle began, pulling at a loose thread on the loveseat her and Clara were sitting on. Amelia shifted uncomfortably in her seat as awkward silence grew thick in the room.

"You're in your fourth year, oui?" Clara asked the blonde girl. Amelia nodded, pulling at her long sleeved shirt. "How are you liking it?" Clara asked, moving to sit beside the girl. Amelia didn't seem comfortable by the fact Clara had sat beside her so suddenly without asking. It was obvious on the girl's face that she was not comfortable, and Clara wanted to change that.

Ever since the Scottish girl had shown up, she hadn't said more than five words to anyone other than Fred. She didn't even seem comfortable around George which shocked Clara because usually whoever Fred was friends with, George was just as good of friends with them too. From what Clara could gather anyway.

She just felt bad for the girl. She was obviously in a foreign environment, away from her family on Christmas day to spend time with Fred who wasn't even in the same room as her right now.

"It's alright." Amelia shrugged, pushing on her glasses that slipped down her small nose. Clara smiled at the girl, about to attempt at making more conversation with Amelia when Mrs. Weasley entered the living room, carrying a tray of tea.

Michelle got her her feet. "Oh, Mrs. Weasley I could have helped you with the tea." Michelle said, helping the woman clear a space on the end table for her to set the tray down.

"Nonsense. You three are the guests. I just thought I would bring out some tea for you girls. It's getting rather chilly in here...it's snowing like crazy out there!" Thanking the woman, Clara and Michelle grabbed for their tea. Amelia only stared at the steaming tea cup.

"Do you not like tea, Amelia?" Clara asked. That seemed to snap the girl out of her trance because she averted her gaze, tugging at her sleeves again.

"O-oh. Yes. I do." Amelia reached out for her tea cup, her small fingers wrapping around the warm cup. However, as Amelia went to pull back, her sleeve slipped down her arm slightly.

But it was just enough for Clara to notice deep, raw cuts on her delicate inner arm.

Clara sucked in sharp breath of surprise as she spotted the self harm injuries, not just that, but how recent the wounds were shocked her.

Amelia dropped her tea cup back on the tray, causing the steaming tea to splash against the silver platter, overflowing onto the end table. With shaky hands, Amelia yanked on her sleeves again and stood up suddenly.

"Amelia--" Clara began.

"I'm going to find Fred." She announced with a weak voice. Clara tried to protest but Michelle grabbed her hand, shaking her head at the girl. Clara stayed quiet as the small girl basically ran up the stairs. Something inside Clara broke, tears welding in her eyes as she turned to Michelle.