Past Revealed

Previously ~
Harry growled lowly, crouching over his mate in a protective stance. His wings unfurled, fangs lengthened, claws formed. Before Umbridge could react, Harry lunged and......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Harry!" Severus cried.
Harry stopped and turned towards his little mate. Severus was curled in a ball by the wall silently crying. His eyes were filled with fear as he saw Harry's form, particularly his claws. Seeing this, Harry calmed down and slowly approached Severus. "Severus. It's okay, little one. I didn't mean to scare you. Come on. Umbridge, for the sake of my submissive, please leave. I don't want to scare him but if I must, you will be dead where you stand."
The look that Harry sent her was intense. It shook her to the core. A look that promised death should she interfere. Umbridge fled as Harry carried his mate to the bedroom. "Severus, my love. Hush now. You are safe." Harry reached out only to be slapped away.
"Don't touch me! Please."
"Severus, I'm sorry for scaring you."
"I'm not afraid of you. Just, don't touch me. I don't deserve to be your mate. I don't deserve your gaze, your attention, your love. I'm not worthy to even be around you."
"Severus-"
"No! It's true. My father was never a nice man. I was so weak that I couldn't fight back. Just now I was cowering in fear from your claws. They could shred me like a knife. I'm a grown man and yet I still fear the edge of a blade. Pathetic!" Severus had curled away from Harry and was sobbing. "I never did anything! He was just a bastard! He hurt me more than anything! He took away my chance to be a mate to a Veela. My Veela. Damnit! Why?! He would beat me, cut me, whip me, none of it mattered! I took it far better than a child would. But then-" he broke off, sobbing bitterly.
"What did he do, my little mate? What has he done to you to make you so adamant that you aren't worthy?" Harry asked gently.
"You'll hate me."
"Never. I will always love you, Severus. My mate. No matter what."
Choking down the fear that had lodged in his throat, Severus responded quietly, "He raped me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, here's the next chapter. Sorry for the long wait but this story has taken a different approach than it did on paper. I had to work out a few details.
Reviews and comments welcome.
Be nice ^_^