Chapter 2: Avril my Savior

Teddy's P.O.V

    Two weeks... That's how long I've been at that school and... I still couldn't memorize where the bathrooms were located.

    I was roaming the soulless, gray halls, hoping that I could come across any indication of them. I was too scared to waltz into any random classroom and ask for directions, because I was in fourth grader territory.

It wasn't so much the grade, but the people in the grade that made all us second graders shake in our tiny boots. Even in the short time I've been there, I've made tons of friends that have regaled me with tales of the fourth grade terrors.

    After a few more minutes of aimless wandering; I was about to return to my classroom but... I couldn't remember how to get back. I wandered too far deep into the heart of the school. I could feel tears forming in my eyes as this realization sunk in. I began thinking, What if I never make it back? What will my parents do when they realize I'm gone and probably never coming back? Will SOMEONE find me? Oh no... no... no... no no... no... What if I run into them-

    My mind ceased to think, and my body tensed as I heard the sound of clunking shoes and menacing chuckles. These sounds were slowly approaching me. I shook my head, and began speed walking in the opposite direction of the one's trailing me.

    As I sped up... they got faster. At some point, I switched from speed walking to a full on sprint with whoever chasing after me, running as well. Whoever they were, I could tell they were bigger than me due to the heavier foot steps and by how easily they were able to catch up to me at my full speed.

    This cat and mouse chase barely lasted three minutes before someone tightly gripped and tugged my shirt collar, immediately followed by the person roughly throwing me to the ground. It happened so fast that I instinctively closed my eyes, for some reason hoping that would block out some of the pain from the impact.

    As I laid on my back, on the cold, hard, tiled floor, my eyes shot open when I felt a great pressure on my stomach. In that moment, when my eyes shot open, I fearfully locked eyes with one of the ones who was chasing me. I realized there were two of them as I my eyes glanced over to another boy, holding a cartoon villain-like toothy grin.

    The one on top of me smirked and produced a "tsk" sound with his tongue which brought my wide chocolate irises back to meet his harsh blue ones.

"Not trying to sound like a classic evil villain buuut... Well. Well. Well. Look at what we got here, Philip." the blue-eyed boy commented to the other.

    The other, Philip, squatted next to us and smirked, "Looks like another test subject to me!... Don'tcha think so pard'ner."

    The one on top of me side eyed blond-headed, Philip, as he yelled, "Gosh dang it, Philip! We are not cowboys today! Remember we are SCIENTISTS! S-C-I-E-N-T-I-S-T-S Scientists. Jeez Philip. You can not roleplay. How are we supposed to teach our soon-to-be-minions fear when you can't even properly... UGH!"

    Philip scratched the back of his neck and remorsefully replied, "Sorry Dan."

    Dan gave Philip one more scolding glare before reverting his attention back to me, "Anyway... What's your name kid?"

    I considered not telling them but, if they were the ones, my friends had been talking about. Then I didn't want to land on their bad side. I stuttered, "M-m-my name is T-Teddy."

    Dan's eyes widen as I mentioned my name. Then he broke down into a slow chuckle that lead into hysterics with Philip. Instantaneously, Dan smacked me hard across the face. I could feel the right side of my face stinging. So bad that I wish I could massage it, but my movements were still limited by the boy on top of me.