Disruptive

Akila's POV

Turning the knob on my door was slow and creaky. Lurching open a crack enough for me to slip in.

Inside my roommate has clothes hung on the floor with a messy bed that he sat on wearing basketball shorts and a sweaty tee shirt.

"Hey" he says quickly waving his hand before texting his girlfriend on the Samsung he owned.

"How was basketball?" I ask politely, he smirks and raises his eyes in victory saying "We won" I laughed and hugged him not caring about the sweat stains and gym sock smells.

We pull apart and applaud him making him now before cracking up at our appearances. "I'm gonna go shower" he finally says. I nod in agreement and say "Good idea" while playing with him by plugging my nose and whiffing the air.

He shakes his head and sticks his tongue out at me before closing the bathroom door shut. I hear the water turn on and then a shriek plus a low groan,

"Akila!" he yelled from inside the closed door.

"Yes" I innocently ask to him.

"Did you use all the hot water AGAIN?" he says stubbornly,

"I don't know did I?" I sarcastically ask seeing if he would notice. Of course he did because the next thing I know he was mumbling "Duh" in a matter of fact tone.

Click. I turn page by page on the twenty seven page PDF file which was assigned for homework. My hand rests on my chin and my eyes squint at the screen reading the fine print as well as large.