Chapter 21

I need to write a chapter to make Dan feel better about me getting four packs of beef jerky for my birthday lol.

Chapter 21

       Today was the day. Not only was it my and Destiny's first-month anniversary, but it was also the opening day of BF's 50's Diner. So many people showed up, even people who weren't living in Spruceworth. It was really packed for it being the first day.

       Destiny showed up late and honestly, I wasn't surprised. In fact, I probably would have been late too but I did have to go there early to make sure everything was in place.

       Fifteen minutes after Destiny was supposed to be here, she suddenly rushed in wearing her waitress uniform and her hair in a high ponytail. "I am so sorry I'm late," she said when she saw me. "I was, well...."

       "Napping?" I asked.

       "Yeah, kind of. I thought I set an alarm but it turns out I didn't because I hate alarms. They're so annoying."

       "Yeah, I know," I said. "Don't worry, I probably would have been late too, but I made sure I came here early. Just start waiting tables and I'll pretend you were here the whole time."

       Destiny saluted me. "Yes, sir." She then headed into the kitchen to get started.

       "Excuse me, kind young man," I heard Enzo say at the table he and Grandpa were sitting at, so I turned towards them. "Would you mind getting me another glass of your finest wine?"

       "Of course," I said before heading into the kitchen to get Enzo his favorite wine. I normally wasn't planning on having any here, but Enzo insisted on having it on the menu and since he and Grandpa helped out so much with the diner, it was kind of hard to refuse.

       I walked back to the table Enzo and Grandpa were at and set the glass down in front of him, telling him this one was on the house. He was extremely happy about that.

       "Oh, I am now rating this place five stars," Enzo said. "Wonderful staff."

       "Because I gave you a free drink for helping out with this place?" I asked.

       "That isn't the only reason," Enzo said, pulling out his phone to rate the diner. "I also happen to know that the owner is a very kind young man who just so happens to be my best friend's grandson."

       "So....It's because I'm your best friend's grandson that the diner is getting five stars?"

       "Yes, that is what I said," Enzo said. "Pay attention. Well, it's that and the fact that you are my granddaughter's boyfriend. I have never seen Destiny so happy before."

       I looked over at Destiny, who was waiting at a table nearby, and smiled. "Well, she is an amazing girl," I said. Seriously. I had never met someone as amazing as Destiny.

       "If you ever break her heart...."

       "I don't intend to," I said before getting back to work.

       Everything was running smoothly so far. There were no complaints, everyone seemed to be loving it, and all the waiters and waitresses were being tipped a lot

       That was until Destiny walked into the kitchen while I was making a milkshake. She looked kind of distracted. "Hey, you okay?" I asked.

       Destiny looked at me and nodded. "Yeah."

       "And the truth?"

       Destiny sighed. "Some people I know are here."

       "So? A lot of people I know are here."