Chapter 2

Welcome To The New Age - Divergent

TRIS POV

Im shaken awake by someone. When I finally peel my eyes open, I notice it's Christina. Millicent is sitting beside me. "We best be off. We have to get to get to Cleveland At least by 7pm. At night it's too dangerous" she says. I nod and notice it's 12pm. We must have all slept in. I get up and grab my backpack.

I for the first time, notice that Mill is only wearing blue bootleg jeans with a black tank top. She's also shivering. I open my backpack and grab out my black hoodie. I pass my hoodie to her and she slips it on. "Thank you" she smiles, and I smile too. I remember Christina is next to us. "How much supplies do you have?" I ask grabbing onto Millicent's hand.

"A couple of backpacks. Food, water, medical supplies, clothes, weapons. We got everything we could" she replies walking to the entrance and I follow her. Once she pushes open the barn door, I see will loading up a car with backpacks. I'm guessing that's their supplies. "What supplies did you bring?" She asks me.

"I only bought a backpack. A lot of weapons, food, water bottles, tools, supplies, medical supplies" I answer. She nods. "Oh and also I bought that black hoodie that Mill has on, for the winter". "Well I can see your well stocked in the weapon compartment" she laughs and so do I. "So what do you think we should do when we get to Cleveland?"

I stop for a minute. Trying to remember what I was trained to do. "Find high ground, wether that be a high rise apartment or a hotel, or a walmart. But we will need to hide the car, there will be bandits who are more concerned on covering their own asses. We will sleep in shifts, three of us will sleep with one on guard. We will sleep in to around 12pm so we have plenty of sleep to go off of. Then we loot, only what we need. So we will go to clothes stores, but only getting black clothing. Not bright clothing. But our main aim will be to get ammo and food. That's what we will need most" I explain

Christina and Will look shocked. But then get over it. "Good plan. You ready to set off?" I nod and we pile into the pick up truck. Once we are on the road, we make conversation. "By the way, just saying, zombies are attracted to noise" I warn. They nod. "We thought as much, will had to shoot some to get out of the city. The zombies were drawn to the gunshots, but you have to shoot them in the head to kill them" Christina explains looking at me.

"That means we become stealthier, with knives, bats, tools, anything we can get our hands on that don't make much noise. Use our guns if it's the only thing we've got" I say. Will nods his head in agreement, not taking his eyes off the road. "But that means your going to have to teach Millicent how to defend herself. She's going to have to grow up a lot quicker" he says.

"Yes. I can throw knives so I can teach her how to throw as well as shoot". Christina looks back at me shocked. "Oh and I can also use a bow and arrow, if we manage to get our hands on one" I continue. "Were you in the hunger games or something?" She finally asks. I just laugh and shake my head. "Cop training. Well I was in the middle of training to join the CIA when the zombies started coming".

We continue talking for five hours that it takes to get the rest of the way to Cleveland. Once we arrive, we slowly drive around, searching for a good hiding spot for the car. There's a little alley that's wide enough to fit the car in. I point it out to Will who drives in, I notice it's next to a hotel. I smile.

"Next to us is a hotel, we go to the top floor, we should be fine" I say. They nod. It's not a huge hotel, it's two storey but second storey is as good as a high rise building. We jump out of the car and I grab a knife out of the slits in my jeans and hold it out in front of me. Once we get out front of the hotel. I realise there's a makeshift wall around it, I also realise there's a man on the roof pointing a gun at us and yelling to people below him.