2.2 Attack On the Castle

We crept up and hid behind some logs. There were men all around us and they were cutting down the forest. Men with horses were coming beside us and we all ducked. "Perhaps this wasn't the best way to come after all." Susan said. "You think?" I said sarcastically. We looked back up. They were building a bridge across the water. Peter got up, with his back still crouched over and walked back in the direction we came from.
***
We went back to where Lucy and I saw Aslan. "So where exactly do you think you saw Aslan?" Peter asked Lucy. "I wish you'd all stop trying to sound like grown-ups. I don't think I saw him, I did see him. And so did Ali." "I am a grown-up." Trumpkin said. Lucy went over to where we saw Aslan, on the edge of the cliff. "It was right over... Ahhh!" The ground broke and Lucy fell. "Lucy!" Susan yelled as we ran to where Lucy fell. A foot or two under where the ground broke there was a ledge of dirt, which she landed on. "Here." Lucy finished her sentence from before. There was a path from the ledge to the bottom of the cliff, where the river was. Lucy moved over and I hopped down, everyone else followed us. Once we got to the bottom, we had to cross the river. I went first with Lucy and then Trumpkin behind her. Lucy stepped on the wrong rock and lost her balance, but Trumpkin held her waist so that she didn't fall. She smiled back at him in thanks.
***
That night we fell asleep around a fire. I was sleeping next to Peter and he had his arms around my waist and my head was in the crook in his neck. I woke up and detached myself from Peter. I glanced around and noticed that Lucy wasn't there. I saw her walking away in the distance so I shook Peter. "Peter. Wake up, Lucy's going somewhere!" He sat up and I grabbed my half-sword and he grabbed his sword before we ran off after Lucy. When we caught up to her there was a soft growling and she whispered. "Aslan?" Peter grabbed her shoulders and put his hand over her mouth so she wouldn't scream and pulled her down so we were hidden. Once she saw who it was, Peter took his hand off and we looked around the bush to see a minotaur. Lucy gasped and I put my finger to my lips before Peter and I snuck forward with our swords in our hands. Suddenly a man

jumped in front of us and clanged swords with Peter

jumped in front of us and clanged swords with Peter. I decided instead of my sword I would use my powers, so I sheathed my sword as they fought. Peter hit the guy in the head and they clanged swords again. Then he knocked the sword out of the man's hands. He swung but the man ducked and he kicked Peter. I got a fireball in my hand and I was going to shoot it at him.