1.3 Pre-Battle

Peter and I stood at the top of the hill that looked over the camp. It was silent but it was a comfortable silence, something I hardly had in my life. I had changed into new clothes.

And these

And these

And this

We were looking at a castle in the far distance

We were looking at a castle in the far distance. I didn't notice Aslan had come up to us until he spoke. "That is Cair Paravel, the castle of the five thrones. In one of which you will sit, Peter, as High King, and you, Athena, will sit as High Queen." Aslan told us. I knew I was going to be a Queen, but I didn't know I was going to be High Queen! Along with Peter. I may or may not have been getting a tiny (huge) crush on the High King to be. Peter was just looking down. "You doubt the prophecy?" Aslan asked him. "No. That's just it." Peter turned to face Aslan. "Aslan, I'm not what you think I am." "Peter Pevensie, formerly of Finchley. Beaver also mentioned that you planned on turning him into a hat." Peter smiled, I giggled and Aslan chuckled at that. "Peter, there is a Deep Magic, more powerful than any of us, that rules over all of Narnia. It defines right from wrong, and governs all our destinies. Yours, Athena's..... and mine." Aslan told us. "But I couldn't even protect my own family." Peter said. "You've brought them and Athena, safely this far." Aslan said. "Not all of them." Peter reminded us. "Peter, I will do what I can to help your brother, but I need you to consider what I ask of you. I, too, want my family safe." Aslan said. There was a moment of silence before we heard a horn. It was Susan's horn which meant she was in trouble. "Susan!" Peter exclaimed and he unsheathed his sword while sprinting in the direction of the horn sound. I was sprinting right beside him. I'll admit it, they were like family to me. Lucy was like the little sister, I always wanted and Susan had become my friend even though I shouted at her earlier. I really cared for those three. We ran until we got to a small stream and Peter yelled. "Get back!" The wolves were jumping and trying to bite Susan's feet which were dangling from the tree, her and Lucy were in. I ran across the stream but then stopped, knowing this was a battle Peter had to do alone. "Peter! Ah!" Lucy yelled. Peter pointed his sword at the wolves. "Come on! We've already been through this before. We both know you haven't got it in you." The two wolves were on either side of him so he couldn't point his sword at both of them.  "Peter! Watch out!" Susan warned. The wolves were growling and snarling. Aslan put his giant paw on one of them and stopped the centaur from fighting. He too knew it was Peters battle and Peters battle alone. At least Peter only had one wolf to deal with now. "You may think you're a king, but your going to die... like a dog!" The wolf remaining pounced on Peter and they both fell to the ground. "Peter!" Susan, Lucy and I screamed at the same time. They jumped out of the tree and I sprinted there and we all pushed the wolf off of Peter. Peter sat up, gasping and Susan and Lucy hugged him tightly. As soon as they let go I hugged him too.