What on earth did a secret, and most likely governmental, agency want with me and Oliver? Organisations like that didn't just save people for fun.

'How do you know about all... This?' I questioned my sister further. 'Waller sounds like she was running a 'top secret mission' when she rescued Ollie and I. How did you come into the picture?'

'I may be unbeknown to Malcolm Merlyn, but I couldn't hide from the American government,' Leyla explained in an almost annoyed tone. 'I became a person of interest to Waller, especially. She sent for me and requested my help if I wanted to see you off Lian Yu.'

'You helped her just like that?' I quickly asked, astounded. 'She could've been working with Merlyn!'

'I assure you, she is not,' Leyla told me definitely. 'I would not have been so reckless; I made sure I was working with the correct organisation.'

'Didn't you feel... Used?' I asked. 'After all, it sounds like she played on your heartstrings to get information out of you about Oliver. She hasn't talked to me once since she rescued me, but it sounds like Oliver got up to a lot in his five years.'

'You are partially correct,' Leyla nodded. 'She didn't use me, but instead, we worked together. Yes, Mr Queen did work for Waller for a time. I didn't know a lot about what they did, but I do know that Waller took a keen interest in the both of you. It seems she chose your friend to do her dirty work and left you for greater things.'

'What greater things?' I wondered slowly, anxious for the answer.

'I have been trying to find out, but so far, I have had no prevail,' Leyla bowed her head in defeat. 'I may have aided Waller in knowing more about you, Aria, but I wouldn't have done so lightly. The organisation was my only hope in saving you from destruction.'

'Thank you,' I muttered just audibly, growing closer to my sister. 'I had no idea you had been helping me and trying to find me, all these years. I am so grateful, Leyla, I really am.'

'I am just thankful you are alive,' Leyla came even closer, outstretching my arms and unexpectedly hugging me, her uninviting exterior disappearing at once.

'Aria,' Leyla started. 'I must warn you about Malcolm Merlyn. He is plotting something. I can sense it. You cannot fall for his lies.'

'I won't,' I shook my head, reassuring my sister. 'Don't you worry.'

'I'm so very sorry I couldn't save you from Mr Merlyn before the island,' Leyla apologised, ashamed. 'You went through so much, and I was too weak to prevent it.'

'How could you have?' I smiled, understanding her delay. 'Merlyn is a hard opponent to defeat; I haven't been able to defeat him all these years. The only reason he's laying off me now is because we've just grown distant and he doesn't need me anymore.'

'I wouldn't be so sure of that, Aria,' Leyla doubted mysteriously. 'Just, please, be careful.'

We just looked at each other silently for a good few seconds. I was still astounded that Leyla had been able to find me and talk to me after all those years, and that she had been looking out for me like a guardian angel. Yes, she had changed, becoming more guarded and detached from her old self, but this had been the first time I had seen her since she was sixteen years old. She was bound to change in her transition from adolescence to adulthood.