Walt Disney, True or No?

Disney Movies are known to the public to produce many entertaining and family oriented movies. They bring families together and are way for children to be able to relate to many of the different characters created in these movies. When the first subliminal message was supposedly found in these movies, it created in uproar from parents. The Walt Disney Company wasn't as family friendly everyone thought and it caused the Disney Movie conspiracy to emerge.  WALT DISNEY 

  The Walt Disney Company was founded on October 16, 1923 by Walt and Roy Disney. Disney has made many full length motion pictures and own two major theme parks in the United States. They also own the Disney Channel, Buena Vista, and Touchstone Pictures.

Walt Disney was an american film producer, director, screen writer, animator, international icon, entertainer, etc. In his teenage years, he won a scholarship to the Kansas City Art Institute. At this institute, he met an animator named Ub Iwerks and later they teamed up to make a series ofanimated short films titled "Newmans Laugh O' Grams." They became popular for a short period of time, but soon the company went bankrupt. A few years later, Walt, his brother and man named M.J. Winkler came up with another idea of short films titled "Alice Comedies" which again were popular for a few years, but then lost all of its publicity. A few years later, Walt was taking a train home and randomly started to doodle. Interestingly what came out of this spontaneous doodle was the renowned animated character, Mickey Mouse. The animation of Mickey Mouse jump started Walt Disney career. His first ever really successful series was named "Steamboat Willie" and it was immediately a hit, mostly because it was the first cartoon to use synchronized sound. This animation was first produced in 1928 and after this first big hit, Walt's ideas kept expanding and expanding over the years. In 1932, "Flowers and Trees" was the first cartoon that was ever produced in color and was also the first cartoon to ever win an award, an Oscar. The next year, "Three Little Pigs" was produced and was one of the most popular short films Walt created. A few years later in 1937, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" was created and it was praised more than Walt could have ever imagined. This animation also got an Oscar for its excellence. As the years went on, Walt felt it was necessary start creating more animated movies and features, animations that were longer and hopefully even more enjoyable. So from this brilliant idea came the acclaimed films,"Pinocchio" in 1940, "Dumbo" in 1941, and "Bambi" in 1942. After these great accomplishments,  he begin creating and producing films that had many short films strung into one, instead of one long major film. It wasn't until 1950 did Walt begin producing long featured films with one story line. These movies consisted of "Cinderella", Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan and late 1950's he produced even more popular films titled Lady in the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, and 101 Dalmatians. Another big accomplishment Walt Disney had in the 1950's was the opening of his first theme park in California which he called "Disneyland." Walt wanted a place where families could get to together, ride rides, and be able to meet these animated characters he created in person. Walt went on to make a few more films, but in 1966 he developed lung cancer and died at the age of 65.  WALT DISNEY DISCUSSING THE MAKING OF HIS ANIMATIONS    THE DISNEY CONSPIRACY  Walt Disney started and created a very wonderful company that is known around the world. It has made a lot of money due to all of his brilliant ideas. After Walt and Roy Disney died, the company was taken over by Donn Tatum, Card Walker, and Walt's son in law Ron Miller. Miller became head of the company and continued to created films such as "Freaky Friday" and "Escape to Witch Mountain." It was around the 1970's that subliminal messages were becoming known the public. . It all started by a man named Wilson Bryan Key, who in 1973 embedded subliminal messages into his advertisements to persuade an unsuspecting public. Many critics and instructors spent many hours looking over these advertisements to asses the way in which Key put these messages together. While Key’s messages began to be known to the public, so did Disney’s. At the end of the article it discusses how fast a child is able to spot these hidden messages. “They spotted it like nothing. It seems to be there to certain eyes that open to it, mainly children who watch it over and over and over. I feel as if I’ve left a pedophile with my children” (Blomquist 3).” This statement comes from a worried mother who in fact believes that she can’t allow her children to watch Disney movies anymore due to these subliminal messages.  

WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES? Ad Options   THE LION KING- As you can see in the picture, the main character, Simba, collapses on a hill and the dust that flies up proceeds to spell out “sex” in the sky in a very discrete way. It is interesting that people can figure these hidden messages out, but whether the Disney company intentionally put these messages in their movies is still a mystery.  Ad Options   ALADDIN-  One of the controversies in Aladdin takes place on a balcony scene, where Aladdin tries to charm Jasmine. But Raja, Jasmines tiger, tries to attack Aladdin because the tiger thinks Aladdin is going to hurt Jasmine. While this happening Aladdin says, "Come on, good kitty..take off and go." After analyzes of this scene, critics have found that instead of Aladdin saying it, some muffled character in the background supposedly says, "Good teenagers, take off your clothes." Again, many people were outraged by this statement because obviously parents don't want their children exposed to do this vulgar material.   Ad Options   THE RESCUERS-  In the movie, “The Rescuers’” in image of a topless woman is seen in a window for children to be able to view. This movie was made in 1977 and it was in this version that the subliminal message was put in. The company decided to recall almost four million copies of this version; and claimed that the 1992 version of the movie was presented without it. The company decided to recall the movie “to keep our promise to families that we can trust and rely on the Disney brand to provide the finest in family entertainment” (Mikkelson)

  THE LITTLE MERMAID- One of the examples is from “The Little Mermaid” where Sebastian, a Jamaican-speaking crab explains to the main character, Ariel, that life is better “under the sea” because you don’t have to work for a living under the sea. He sings about a three minute catchy song actually called "Under the Sea" and discusses what it means to live under the sea.  This idea gives children the impression that working doesn’t have to be done and it’s not important if you just listen to Sebastian. 
LYRICS TO THE SONG:
Up on the shore they work all day 
Out in the sun they slave away 
While we devotin' 
Full time to floatin' 
Under the sea!       

DUMBO- Another example is the black crows in the movie “Dumbo.” At the beginning of the movie there is a scene where not only animals, but black men are helping set up the circus. What's interesting about this scene though, is that these men have featureless faces. No noses, mouths, or eyes meaning that none of them truly have their own identities. And with that they are singing a song which goes "We work all day, We work all night, We never learned to read or write; We work all night, we work all day; And can't wait to spend our pay away." Another example of racism in Dumbo, in one of the of the scenes the viewers meet three black crows. Besides the fact of the coloring of them, the crows are depicted as very uneducated, are always smoking and the leader of them all goes by the name of Jim Crow.  They speak with southern accents, use slang words such as "brotha" and their grammar is horrible. Another smaller example that could be taken as racism is because Dumbo has larger ears than all of the other elephants he is was rejected because of his differences. Whether Disney was really trying to be racist or not, it still brought out anger in people so it needed to be discussed. 

  ALADDIN- In the Disney Movie “Aladdin” critics have come to the notion that racism plays a role in the way parts are portrayed in this movie. For example, although both the main character, Aladdin and Jafar, are Arabian, Jafar has many more Arabian features then Aladdin. This is interesting because Aladdin is the “good guy” and throughout the movie is trying to find a better lifestyle for himself. While Jafar is noted to be the “bad guy” who wants nothing more than to ruin Aladdin’s life. It is stated that Jafar’s features reflect his Arabian ethnicity, with his overexerted hooked nose, large eyes, and elongated neck. Also his large, feminine-looking eyes depreciate his value as a man, which is a typical stereotype for Arab men, which suggests that they are not “real men.” One main topic this movie harped on was the fact of how poor and barren the Arabs were. Aladdin never wore shoes; and camels were used for transportation are just a few examples of this stereotype that is portrayed. DISNEY CONTROLLED BY THE ILLUMINATI? Ad Options  

“Walt Disney is of the devil, controlled by a secret society trying to corrupt every child in America” (Howes). Many people have claimed that Disney is controlled by the Illuminati and is trying to get children to become worshipers of the devil.  One claim is that the title “Disney” has three letters that look like number six and there are three of them. Three sixes in a row is a sign for the devil, so audiences believe that Disney is controlled by the Illuminati. Another example that shows evidence for this idea is that Mickey Mouse is wearing a sorcerer’s hat and is supposedly casting spells. 

It is also claimed that Walt Disney himself was a Freemason and Illuminist and also that people claim that he is preparing children for the New World Order by inserting these Masonic symbols in the Disney movies themselves.

http://conspiraciestargetingtheyouth.weebly.com/disney-disasters.html