Description|Extended

Darkness clings to him
Light radiates from her.

He has a black heart
She has a pure soul.

He revels in the shadows
She feels at home between the clouds.

He know what he is
She has no idea.

Light and dark
Dark and light.

Ω

The move from England to America isn't easy, especially when you're leaving a life behind and entering a world that of secrets.

The Parkers move to Carlisle, their father's tiny hometown in the middle of Connecticut, a town they coincidentally know nothing about and never been before.

Lux tries to leave her past behind in London. The move was supposed to be a fresh start, a clean slate, but the fates acts in mysterious ways. the town brings out something in her, something that isn't exactly human.

Lux enters the world of seven strangers, people who'll become her best friends. They'll show that families do not require blood.

Kit Valentine is one of these seven people. A boy with a dark past and even darker future, Kit enters her life and rocks Lux to the base of her very soul, forcing her to think about who and what she is. His aura has a certain distinguished blackness to it, an ironic tragedy etched into his very essence and a fiery temper to accompany his god-like looks.

Nobody said it was easy, but Lux sees the light in his eyes. Now she just needs to bring it out.  

What's written on the stars can't be undone. Predestined people will always end up crossing their paths, intertwining their lifelines in the most curious ways. Especially when there's an ancient prophecy involved.

Nothing comes without a price, and when Lux finds the house in the woods she ends up discovering herself in the process, along with the power that she doesn't understand she possesses.

She'll start to understand her place in the world, in this new life, and Lux is the most important piece in everything.