"Yeah", Korra said. "I guess I did".

Korra looked over at Asami. The princess was looking back at her, a dreamy look in her eyes.

"Yes, your highness??".

Korra quickly realized her mistake and corrected herself.

"I mean Asami!!".

Korra blushed and turned her away so Asami couldn't see the embarrassed blush on her cheeks.

Asami walked up to her. Senna released Korra and moved back. Asami took her place in front of Korra. She took her hands.

Korra looked at their joined hands. She kept her head down, used to having to look at the ground when talking to someone of such a high ranking.

"I'm guessing we're going to have to work on getting you back into the mindset of living like a princess again, hm??".

Korra stuttered out a response. "I-I uh, I guess so, your majes- I mean Asami".

Asami booped Korra's nose.

"Cmon", she said. "Let's get you to your room. We need time to talk".

Korra said goodbye to her parents. They hugged one last time before Korra and Asami headed for Korra's room.

As they walked through the halls, Korra said hello to as many people as she could. Everyone, even the guards welcomed her home and were excited to see her back.

The two arrived at Korra's room. The two walked in, shutting the door behind them. Korra slowly looked around.

"Hm. Not much changed here".

Asami looked at Korra. She squeezed her hand. Korra looked at her. Asami pulled her in for a tight hug. Korra was taken by surprise by the hug. Asami's slender arms held her strongly in her embrace. Asami enjoyed the physical contact.

She breathed in Korra's scent. She still had trouble believing Korra was back in her arms.

She then pulled away. She looked at Korra.

"What happened those three years??", she asked.

Korra giggled. "Which part??. The living conditions or the treatment??".

Asami was giving a serious look. Korra's smile fell. She rested her hands on Asami's shoulders.

"Are you alright?", Asami asked. "How bad was it??".

"It wasn't as bad as before", Korra said. "It really rested my patience and kindness and tolerance towards others. Varrick is a good man but lives in his own world. He's sure something".

"How did he treat you??", Asami asked.

Asami led Korra over to the bed. The sat down.

"Well", Korra said, her eyes averting to the floor. "Just like every other master or mistress I've ever had. Cruel, selfish, treated me like dirt but he never hit me".

Asami found that odd.

"He didn't?".

Korra shook her head. "He had that other man to do that for him. I had a supervisor to keep an eye on me at all times", she explained. "He was way more cruel and inhuman. He had no problem beating me half to death for no reason whatsoever".