I have to what?

"It's only for a few days agent Danvers. " John says as he takes his authority stance. Around Alex he was usually quite relaxed, she was family, but he knew she would try to fight against this. "You're the only one who can touch her. I doubt it's smart to dump her with the cops now. You saved her life, you held her and shielded her from the bad guys. I think being with you for a few days will not only help us but also get her to actually speak , to be alittle more with it"
"I don't know how to look after a kid! I can't afford to look after a kid! I have no where to keep said kid! " Alex tries one last time to protest.
"You've done pretty well so far, you naturally care for people. You can have all the money you need. And a save house a block from your current apartment is waiting for you. Until we find a suitable home for the girl you will be looking after the child full time. It's an assignment Agent Danvers " Alex goes to speak but gets stopped " Detective Sawyer is allowed to stay if it helps you ".
She bites her lip and nods "yes sir..... I might need a car , I'm not putting her on my bike" it's an assignment, she can't say no to that.

She was about 6, maybe alittle older. Short and skinny. Bright blue eyes, but dark brown straight hair that hung half way down her back, and Freckles plastered her face. She was a pretty kid.
She sat on the bed in the med bay. Knees pulled to her chest and arms wrapped around them. She would flinch whenever someone came close.
One doctor went over and tried to check her temperature, which resulted in crying and screaming. Alex walked into the room just as she started. When the girl spotted the agent she leaped off the bed and ran behind her, holing into one of the woman's legs.
Alex throws a death glare at the doctor who walks off with his head hung low.
Once they are alone Alex turns and crouches down. "It's ok, just us now" she smiles and whispers the girls eyes. "You're going to come home with me and stay a few days until we can find you a new family. Is that ok?" She says in a gentle tone. The girl nods alittle. "I think first though I'm going to need your name. Mines Alex " she extends her hand hoping the child will take it. "Jessie" she says and shakes Alex's hand for all of two seconds.

People were watching, Alex knew they were all looking. Amazed at how easy it was for Alex to get this kid to talk to her.

"Ok. You are going to sit in this chair while I go and get some car keys and find you a jacket , ok? This is Winn, he will make sure no one comes near you" she smiles as Jessie gives off alittle nod and curls back into a ball on the chair "no one goes close, not even you!" Alex growls at Winn then walks off.

Hey, so I can totally explain later but I have to cancel tonight. Got a new mission which is gonna last for , well I don't know how long for. I'll call you tonight when I have the chance.
Love you
Al xx

Alex hated cancelling dates with her girlfriend but she was lucky that her girl friend knew how she couldn't say no to some missions.
She walks back into the main room to see Winn sat on the table a meter away from Jessie, No one else even close. "Thank you, you did good" Alex smiles as she walks past Winn, knowing he would be happy, she didn't compliment him much.
"Here you go, might be alittle big but it's ok for now" Alex passes Jessie the jumper, the kid pulls it on, then reaches up to Alex.
For a secret agent she isn't very smart at things like this. "She wants you to pick her up" Winn whispers, hopping Alex doesn't get mad at him for it. "Oh" she says as Jessie nods alittle. Alex picks her up with ease and places her on her right hip. Jessie wrapped her arms around Alex's neck.
Winn smiles as he watches the badass walk out with a kid in her arms, it was actually really adorable.

The safe house was actually really nice, Alex would LOVE a place like this. Big living room. Fancy kitchen with a centre table and a wine fridge. Dining room with a way to big table. Three bedrooms. The master room which had a bed big enough for 4. The second room had a double bed. And the other room had an office set up with a pull out sofa bed.