Chapter Twenty Seven

Jenna’s P.O.V.

    I opened my eyes after what seemed like forever. I was hoping to see Austin, but when I looked around I saw white walls, and flowers all over. Feeling something touch my left hand I looked over and saw Alex.

“Jenna. Babe, you’re awake,” he smiled.

    He leaned forward placing a kiss on my lips as I tried to sit up.

“Where am I?” I asked noticing how dry and painful my throat felt.

“You’re in the hospital,” he answered.

    I tried to think. How was I in the hospital? Glancing at my arm, I saw an iv stuck in it. Then glancing to my right I saw someone laying on a hospital bed asleep. I studied the person. Austin. That’s when I remembered what really happened.

    It was the night of me and Alex’s third year anniversary. We had gotten a flat tire, so Austin had come to pick us up. I sat in front with Austin listening to the music. We were all talking about a party we wanted to go to.

    It was raining out, and Austin was driving a little too fast for my comfort. I saw lights coming towards us, then remember our car going off the road. I saw Austin fly out of the car as we were flipping then next thing I knew glass was cutting me and I was flying in the air. I remembering hearing Alex screaming my name as I flew.

    My heart dropped and I began to cry.

“Jenna do you need some water?” asked Alex.

“How long have I been out?”

    I could see Alex’s expression go from happy to sad as he looked down.

“You and Austin have been in a coma for six months,” he said sadly.

    My heart dropped even further as I glanced back at the man I loved lying there. Helpless. Then at the man who I was supposed to love.

    Trying to sit all the way up I felt lighter, looking down I noticed my stomach was thin. No baby. I cried even harder.

“Austin,” I whispered and cried.

    He couldn’t be in a coma. He just couldn’t be.