Chapter - Two

I sat on the edge of my bed, well their bed holding my head in my hands. I was literally face palming myself thinking how could I have been so carless. I seriously need to mend my ways.

Suddenly the door burst opened revealing a very confused looking Mrs. Heywood and the same boy who barged into my bathroom. Thank goodness I was dressed I was literally thanking my stars for this.

The recent turn of events made a dent in my head and had goofed up my psyche so badly that I fell down with a loud thud because of the sudden opening of the door and my heart skipped a heartbeat and I was breathing heavily.

Mrs. Heywood came by my side almost immediately and crouched down to my level and said, “Sweetie I am really very sorry to have startled you so badly, I should have knocked first and then opened the door.”

“It’s okay Mrs. Heywood, I should have been careful while sitting,” I replied my head hung low and tried to control my breathing and fighting the blush that started creeping from my neck .

“Is there anything you want me to do?” I asked after gaining back my composure.

She shook her head and said, “No, Um... I heard you screaming so came running after you. What happened exactly?”

Oh my God. This is going to be so embarrassing, far more than I thought.

“I had just finished having my shower when I heard muffled voice and then he barged into my bathroom,” I answered but couldn’t control a deep blush. This is like epic embarrassment.

“Mom, who is this girl and what was she doing in Jake’s bathroom room”? the same tall guy asked.

“Luca, this Keighlyn James,” Mrs. Heywood said pointing to me and gave that boy a knowing smile.

Luca’s face contorted in confusion as if he was solving a very difficult algebraic equation and stared at me as if he was memorizing an algebraic formula.

 Realization hit him and he asked with his finger pointing to me “The same Keighlyn James who used her Labrador as a soft toy and a horse?”

Here comes more embarrassment. I think this day should be named ‘The Keighlyn Embarrassing day’. What side of the bed did I get up today? Right I wasn’t on my bed in the first place.

“I was just a kid okay? He was just too fluffy to not think he was a soft toy and much to my horror it dint oppose to anything that I did to him,” I replied defensively. I mean common I was a second grader. What do you expect?

“Really? Trying to wash him in the washing machine like your other soft toys? What were you thinking? Wait . Were you even thinking?” he said now laughing hysterically at that memory.

Looks like someone like to open up other’s can of worms.

“Well I wouldn’t have done that if I hadn’t seen ‘someone’ washing Beanie in Ariel” I replied smugly remembering that memory. Beanie was his dear white rabbit.

That shut him up.

“Luca! Tell me you didn’t do that! I really never understood how my washing powder got over so fast. And that poor rabbit, Bennie died because of those allergies,” Mrs. Heywood said clearly not believing her ears, listening to her son’s antics.

“You know Mrs. Heywood, I wanted to tell you but he threatened me to not to tell you anything about it. Bad Luca! Very very bad!” I said it in a way that a mother would say to its toddler when she caught him stealing cookies.

Luca smiled at that memory and all the way to me and gave me a bear hug “It’s been a long time since I met you and looks like somebody was very busy,” He mused after releasing me.