Chapter 4

He unhooks my cuffs and I wait for the perfect time to escape. His rough hands grab my wrist harshly and he takes me to a room with a lock on the outside and barred windows. He pushes me inside,

"This will be your room unil I can gain your trust and ensure that you will not escape."

I bow sarcastically and he growls slamming the door shut and pushes me up against the wall by my neck. I smile smugly and he tightens his grip. One of my many powers is cloning myself so while he's strangling the clone I walk to the door.

"Bah-bye big bad king." I say in a singsong voice as he tears his gaze from the clone to me locking the door on the outside. 

I laugh dryly and blend in with the shadows that cast all over the castle and escape through a side door. I look around in frustration for any civilization, to find nothing but forest. A loud roar sounds from the house and I take off into the forest. Hundreds of howls are heard throughout the large pack and I can only assume it's because of me. I hop up a tree as about 15 wolves pass me on the forest floor. A giant, ground shaking black wolf passes me, paws smacking against the hard ground.

My tense shoulders slouch and I let out a breath of relief. I sit comfortably in the tree with my guard still high. I ended up dozing but awoke to a sharp nailed hand covering my mouth. I was harshly yanked out of the tree and landed on the ground hard. A burlap sack covered my eyes, eyes dancing with blackness. A sharp intake of breath came from my mouth as I needle pierces my neck, injecting a liquid into my veins. Grogginess overcame came me and I slipped into unconsciousness.

The sunlight radiating the forest shone into my eyes, irritating my irises. I adjusting to the scorching sun and the canopy of tall , slim figures with green leaves atop. I finally noticed I was being carried on a table made of wood and vines. Four large primal cats each had an end of the table in their mouths as they carried me Goddess knows where. Hours passed and we finally came upon an old, abandoned cabin in the middle of the forest. They dropped me suddenly and my head smacked against the table.

The werecats shifted into four men varying degrees of 6'0 and 6'4, brown hair and ranging shades of brown untied me and dragged me into the cabin. Instant waves of nausea hit me as the whole room stunk of blood and varying degrees of sewage smell. I was dropped harshly and a petite girl with angry green eyes and auburn locks grabbed my face forcefully, squeezing my cheeks.

" Listen up, Vampie. You're ours to control now and any back talk will not be taken lightly. Question one, when is your father planning his next attack? " She asks.

"I don't know. Even if I did I wouldn't tell scum like you." I spat.

"Wrong answer Rosie-Poo. Cole,Scott. Y'know what to do. " They nodded their heads firmly and Cole grabbed a jagged piece of wood shaped like a stake that had a horrible scent of strong garlic. Scott grabbed the back of my neck and lifted me up, hooking a chain under my tied hands .

I was upright in the air, and my head hung low to my chest. The girl lifted my hair up and stared at me, dull eyes filled with amusement. Cole slid the stake across my side and I cried out in pain. I eventually lost the strength to stay awake again.

~ ~ ~

I burst awake and sit up. I was in a dull grey walled room with wooden floors. The barred windows provided some moonlight to seep through, various shadows cast across the room. I only assumed that the door was locked and a guard was posted on the outside.

I never got away, or so I thought.

I sighed audibly and slumped back down and pain erupted from several areas on my body. I thrust my shirt up to reveal bandaged wounds. I wondered what King Alexander did for me to end up back here.

~~~

I woke up chained to the bed in the same room King Alexander put me in before I attempted to escape. I sat up and looked across the room at my reflection in the floor length mirror. My ocean blue eyes were bloodshot, and my long, straight black hair that went to my hips had a bunch of leaves and twigs in it. I had dirt all over my clothes, and I could feel bruises starting to form all over my slender body.

I groaned and layed back down. I crossed my fingers and hoped that King Alexander wouldn't come into the room. My heart sank when he walked into the room closing the door softly behind him. I was expecting him to immediately punish me for trying to escape, but instead of hitting me he sat down on the bed next to me.

"So now that you have no way of escaping, can we attempt to have a civil conversation?" he asked me.

"Up to you." I reply, shrugging.

He sighs loudly and takes a deep breath, "Why were you on my territory in the first place?"

"I was taking a walk and I came upon your forest, and I decided to explore. I swear I had no idea that this was your territory." I said.

"Please I need to get home before my parents find out I'm missing."

"No you're not leaving. You are staying here with me." he said.

"You don't understand. My parents are the king and queen of the vampires. If they found out that you are keeping me here they will send an army after you, and when I say army I mean thousands of vampires."

"You are staying here and that's final."

We sat in uncomfortable silence for a few minutes before he finally broke the silence.

"So Rosemary, how old are you?"

"Its Rose, and 1700 years old, which is equivalent to 17 years in human years. Vampires age really slow. So King Alexander how old are you?"

"You can call me Alex, and I'm 24 years old."

"This will be your room for the time being. You will stay in this room until I trust you enough to let you walk around the house. The door will remain locked and your meals will be brought to you every day. I will unchain you from the bed now, but please don't try to escape again. The punishment for you will be even worse the next time you try to escape."

He unchained me and left the room locking the door behind him. I rubbed my wrists. They were raw and red from the chains that were wrapped around them for who knows how long. I gingerly got up and explored the room.

 The bed was against the far wall. It was made of cherry wood and there was a matching in table next to it. Against the wall directly across from the bed was a very large dresser that was also made of cherry wood. There was a door next to it that upon further exploration turned out to be a large walk in closet. On the west wall was a door that led to a big and lavish bathroom. There were two sinks, a large cabinet made of cherry wood, and a huge bathtub that was large enough for ten people to sit in comfortably. I walked out and went to the doors that led to the balcony and sat down in one of the chairs.

"What am I going to do? I need to escape and get the hell out of here."

Will she succeed in escaping this time or will she be caught in the act and punished? You'll have to wait and find out in the next chapter.

I'm officially naming PaNiCaThEBeEbO as my co-writer.

I hope you like the chapter.

Please vote and comment.

                                                   Until next time, love Jenna and Grace