"I wouldn't mind...We're brothers! And being mates just mean we'd be a little bit more closer." Sesshomaru said. Inuyasha frowned.

"You don't know what mates do, do you?" Inuyasha asked. Sesshomaru looked away from Inuyasha and tugged on a lock of his hair.

"No..."

"I can't blame you...listening to old Miyoga is like listening to nails scratch against glass." Inuyasha said with a laugh. Sesshomaru smiled.

"What do mates do?"

"They have wild and unimaginable sex." Inuyasha said, all hints of playing left his face a voice. Sesshomaru's eyes widened slightly and a light blush crossed his face. Inuyasha burst out into laughing and fell backwards. Sesshomaru tugged more on his hair and glared at Inuyasha.

"That's not funny!" Sesshomaru hissed. Inuyasha sat up and wiped a tear from the corner of his eye.

"You should have saw your face, Sesshy!" Inuyasha snickered. "But seriously, being mates doesn't mean just sex. Being mates is like...a human marriage."

"I don't know anything about human marriages..." Sesshomaru grumbled.

"Well lets put it this way: Mating is for emotional and sexual reasons. Emotional being the feeling of love and being loved. For someone to take care of you physically and mentally. Sexual is...well self-explanatory! Its to fulfill ones desires to...couplet?" Inuyasha grinned. "And to have lots and lots of babies!" Sesshomaru looked down and fidgeted.

"Why can't we be mates?" Sesshomaru mumbled. Inuyasha's eyes widened. They softened slightly and he smiled sadly.

"Cos dad doesn't want us to be mates."

"Who cares what Chichui-sama wants!" Sesshomaru cried. "I should have a choice! And...and...You are the oldest and you should be able to have some control over what I do too! So you can mate with me and Chichui-sama can't interfere with that!" Sesshomaru firmly stated. Inuyasha sighed.

"Dad is still alpha. He's daiyoukai, Sessh."

"But...you're his heir!" Sesshomaru shouted stubbornly.

"That doesn't change anything." Inuyasha said with a frown. Sesshomaru sighed and his shoulders sagged.

"I don't want to mate with anyone..." Sesshomaru grumbled.

"What about that Gōka dude?" Inuyasha asked. "You said you liked him.."

"As a friend!" Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at Inuyasha. "I don't want to mate with him because I know he's not going to treat me like an equal like you do!" Inuyasha's eyes widened slightly. "You're the only one that acknowledges me as an individual with my own mind, my own desires, my own dislike and likes, and my own actions! Everyone in this damned castle just sees me as 'Inutashio's son' or his property! Everyone in this competition sees me as a piece of meat! Something that if they have in their possession, they'd have endless amounts of fortune and power!"

"Sessh..." Inuyasha whispered. Sesshomaru stood from the table and stalked out the room. Inuyasha watched Sesshomaru run out of the room. He looked back at the table at the younger's full plate and he sighed.

-------

Sesshomaru stalked down the hall. His mind was in running a mile a minute, jumping from one thought to another. It wasn't until he ran into someone that he came back into reality. "Oh, my mistake, my lord." Sesshomaru looked up to see that ominous looking spider demon looking down at him and holding out a hand. "I was in such a deep train of thought, I did not see you." Sesshomaru took the offered hand and the taller demon helped him up. "Are you well? I hope I did not injury you with my carelessness." The spider demon smiled small. Sesshomaru blushed lightly and shook his head. Naraku bowed slightly. "I'll be on my way. Enjoy the rest of your day." With that, the taller demon walked past Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru watched the spider demon and frowned. That was the first time anyone didn't stop and try and have a conversation with him. In fact, that was the first time he'd seen the spider demon out in the hall. The other suitors came out from time to time and always tried to chat with him. He shook his head and walked down the hall.