Brotherly Love

MissTuffcy: This chapter always makes me blush.

0000

My Brother's Keeper

Brotherly Love

0000

Sesshomaru sat up slowly and rubbed his eye with a large but silent yawn. He looked out the window to see it still late in the night. He hopped out of the bed and padded over to the door. He opened it and looked both ways. There was no guards posted as his door and around it like usual. He yawned again and padded down the hall to his brother's room. He stopped and frown slightly and pressed his ear to the door. He heard a brief low and muffled whine. His eyes widened slightly and he pulled back from the door. He was getting ready to open the door but someone gently grabbed his hand and pulled him from the door. Sesshomaru looked up at the guard currently holding his hand. "Why are you up so late, Sesshomaru-sama. You should not bother your brother at such a late night." The guard said.

"B-but...Something is wrong with Inuyasha..." Sesshomaru said with a small whimper. "What if-" Sesshomaru watched as the guard peeked into the room. He closed the door and grinned down slightly at Sesshomaru.

"Don't worry, Sesshomaru-sama. He'll be fine in the morning." With that said, the guard turned Sesshomaru around and lightly pushed him back down the hall.

---

Morning came and Sesshomaru found himself staring down at his food he had yet to touch. "Pup," Sesshomaru looked up at his father who was frowning at him. "What is troubling you?"

"Where is Inuyasha?" Sesshomaru asked with a frown.

"He is up in his room?"

"Why won't anyone let me near is room?" Sesshomaru frowned and crossed his arms. Inutashio sighed.

"Pup, do you remember one of your lessons about mating season?" Inutashio asked. Sesshomaru furrowed his brow.

"Yes...The dominant male or female goes into a 1 week cycle of heat. They release a powerful pheromone to attract a mate." Sesshomaru recited from memory. He looked at Inutashio with a frown. "Inuyasha is in his heat cycle?"

"Yes, and it is dangerous for you to be around him right now." Inutashio crossed his arms. "So stay away from his room. Am I clear?"

"But...I don't understand why I can't be near him!"

"Sesshomaru..." Inutashio sighed.

"Fine!" Sesshomaru snapped. "May I be excused?"

"You haven't even touched your breakfast!" Sesshomaru growled at his father. Inutashio narrowed his eyes and growled back. They kept up growling at each other until Inuyasha walked into the room. The oldest inu son whistled and snickered.

"Look at that, dad. Sesshomaru ain't all that beta-ish huh! That means I ca-"

"INUYASHA!" Inutashio growled. "For the last time, the answer is NO!" Inutashio turned to Sesshomaru who had gotten up. "And you SIT and EAT!" Sesshomaru huffed and plopped down. "You're not leaving that spot until you eat all of whats on your plate.

"Then I guess I won't be moving anytime soon!" Sesshomaru bit back. Inutashio glared at him. He stood up and stalked out of the room. Inuyasha sat next to Sesshomaru and grabbed a piece of bread off his plate.

"That was a risky move, Sesshy." Inuyasha grumbled. Sesshomaru shrugged. Inuyasha bit into the bread and watched Sesshomaru closely. "Hey Sessh..." Sesshomaru looked at Inuyasha. "What would you do if I were to mate with ya?" Sesshomaru tilted his head to the side slightly.