4: (Al-Nisa')- Women

Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Rahim.

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, the Lord of the 'Alamîn . The Only Owner of the Day of Recompense. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help. Guide us to the Straight Way. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray .

_________

4: (Al-Nisa')- Women

Number of Rukus-24
Number of verses-176

This Surah, was revealed in Medina.

Its contents invite to Faith, justice, taking examples from the nations of the past, breaking the ties of friendship with the enemies of Allah, and supporting the orphans.

In this Surah there are subjects such as marriage, equitable distribution of property after death, the necessity of obeying the divine leader, immigration, Holy War in the way of Allah, and so on.

This Surah is entitled An-Nisa, (the women), since the first thirty five verses of it are about women and family affairs.

The Virtue of Studying This Surah

According to a tradition, the Prophet of Islam (S) said:

"Whoever recites Surah An-Nisa, as if this person has spent property in the path of Allah as much as any Muslim inherits by virtue of the purport of this Surah, and also, a similar reward of a person who has freed a slave, will be given to him".

It is evident that the purpose in this tradition, and all of the similar traditions, is not a bare recitation of the verses, but recitation is a preparation for comprehension, the which is, in its turn, a preparation for action and behaving accordingly in personal and social life.

Thus, it is certain that if Muslims take lessons from the contents of the verses of this Surah and apply them in their own lives, besides their worldly advantages, they will enjoy of all these rewards in the Hereafter.

---

Benefits

 In 'tafseer al-burhan' it is written that Imam Ali (a.s.) has said that whoever recites this surah on every Friday, he will remain safe from the squeezing in the grave ('fishare qabr').

___

Consolidation of the Islamic Community

The main object of this Surah is to teach the Muslims the ways that unite a people and make them firm and strong. Introductions for the stability of family, which is the nucleus of community have been given. Then they have been urged to prepare themselves for defense. Side by side with these, they have been taught the importance of the propagation of Islam. Above all, the importance of the highest moral character in the scheme of consolidation of the Community has been impressed.

___

Ayath-

•O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.

•To orphans restore their property (When they reach their age), nor substitute (your) worthless things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by mixing it up) with your own. For this is indeed a great sin.