Chapter 3 - Confrontations

DISCLAIMER: I have not created and do not own the following characters mentioned within this writing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace. This was all that was present. Your body seemed to lift weightlessly through dreams, a soft warmth cradled around you calming any harsh thoughts from your frantic mind. A haze washed over the heavy eyelids which served as a dark curtain.

Slowly opening up from the deep slumber which you succumbed to you checked your surroundings. White? roughly blinking away the sleep which remained in your sockets the room cleared. It was white bedding which completely smothered you with its thick plush padding shielding against the cool air, a pillow rested behind your head. The smell of fresh cotton filled your nasal passage along with another, it smelled of Sherlock. Yes, okay you didn't know the man that well but he had a distinctive scent which no one could pass over without noticing, it was strong but not overpowering causing it to host a state of enticing factors. Wait. your in a bed, but you don't even remember leaving the apartment and your bedding is black. The bed smells of Sherlock. A sudden realization struck you into a sitting position exhaling sharply 'I'm in Sherlock's bed'

You felt that familiar heat rush towards your cheeks once more, pushing away the intoxicating covers you headed to the door almost knocking a glass of water off the bedside wood in the process. "Sh-iiii.." Waving a cautious hand towards the glass it steadied back into its original place, creaking open the door you peeped out like a mouse from its hole your gaze eyed the shadowed hallway, no one there.

"Hello?..."

No answer. "Hm.." Padding swiftly from 'Sherlocks' room you aimlessly headed for the closest door yanking it open.

"OH MY G- oh sh*t. sh*t I'm so-sorry" You avoided staring at a half-nude Sherlock turning to meet your shocked face with a surprised look on his features which quickly turned into a hinted smirk from the reaction of your innocence. "Care to make yourself familiar with the bathroom (y/n)?" His sarcasm seemed to ease the awkwardness which shunted you back almost bumping into the wall. "No-no I um was just... leaving. Yes, leaving. Yeah" Subconsciously frowning to yourself while attempting to maneuver around the stupid door a baritone chuckle sent hairs rising as you finally found the living room once again. 

Collapsing onto the cool leather of the sofa which nestled neatly against the holed wall, you heaved a sigh ".. that was too close.." The room still hosted it's coziness due to the amount of organized clutter littering every surface, your eyes wandered as they did yesterday observing each and every object. You suppressed a giggle when the human skull popped into your sight, it's aged ivory rested tediously upon the small fireplace as if watching over the room. The flatmate's really did have some random things in the apartment but the most noticeable was probably the smiley face indented with multiple holes. You had grown a fond liking of this attribute for it showed Sherlock's funny yet weird personality. A good weird. After a good few minutes of lounging in silence you decided to explore the kitchen, perhaps the two had more food as you hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday and you could always swing by to return whatever it was you took. Determined to find something remotely edible the first idea which popped into your mind was the fridge. It's cream door held back potential goodness 'maybe cheese or a cold drink, fruit wouldn't be so bad. Or maybe.. chocolate?' Your mouth began to water as you thrust the cold metallic handle gradually opening the humming fridge with an excited jiggle. The artificial light beamed across your features which suddenly merged from excitement to pure horror. Your vocal chords shrilled a scream as the contents of the fridge purged the sockets of your eyes into an overload.