Imagine Seven - {Denny Duquette}

Requested

Info:
Character: Denny Duquette
Show: Grey's Anatomy
Warnings: blood, hospitals, angst, and Denny fluff because it's not Denny without fluff.
Prompt: imagine going home with Denny and living together, but something happens to you, leaving Denny in a panic.
============================

Six months. That's how long you and Denny have waited for this day. Six whole months you spent in this hospital by your boyfriends side. The many date nights that included apple juice and cafeteria sandwiches, The back aches from the small chair when you refused to leave his side, and the several small heart attacks you had when his heart would fail him and almost kill him was all over. Denny Duquette was finally being discharged with his new heart in his chest.

You were the happiest you'd been in months, same with Denny. You couldn't wait to go back to going on normal dates and just ordinary couple activities. And all Denny could think about was getting laid again. To that, you only shook your head, knowing Denny was likely to make some sort of inappropriate comment.

The ride home was nice, the two of you held hands and smiled the whole way. Talking about the endless list of places you wanted to see and things you wanted to do with Denny.

"How about the Northern Lights?" Denny asked, squeezing your hand as you approached a stop light. You were driving, Denny still be too fresh out of the hospital to be cleared for driving.

"Yes!" You squeaked, adding another thing to the list of places to visit.

"Alright, I'll take you to see them one day then baby" he promised and kissed your hand. He was the absolute sweetest.

====

A week had passed since Denny was released from the hospital and things couldn't have been better. Yours and Denny's relationship grew even closer as the two of you were able to do things that you weren't able to do with Denny being in the hospital.

Currently, you were laying on the couch, cuddled into Denny's side watching a sappy love movie. "These are all the same" Denny says, resting his head on yours.

"Yeah but I like them so we're watching them" you smiled and looked up at him, only to see him roll his eyes playfully and smile back before softly kissing your forehead.

"Whatever makes you happy, love" he whispered and lowered his lips to yours, meeting you in a soft, passion filled kiss that made you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

"How did I get so lucky to have you?" You whispered against his lips.

"And here I was thinking the same thing" Denny smiled his usually charming smile that showed off his dimples before pressing another kiss to your lips.

The rest of the day was spent sharing kisses, cuddling, and watching the cliché love movies on hallmark.

===

The days passed quickly and soon, it was already a month since Denny was released from the hospital. With Denny, the days flew by and you didn't know if that was a good thing or what.

Currently, you were driving to the store, going to pick up some groceries so that you can make Denny a good homemade dinner. He deserved it after all.

You were blaring your favorite song throughout your car, jamming to the song. You were stopped at a red light, waiting for it to turn green.

It does, and you drive forward, not noticing the car that had failed to stop at the light, and came barreling into the side of your car on the drivers side at at least 75mph.