Chapter Two

My parents and I sat there, exchanging glances. It had been at least twenty years since Thomas Wayne and my dad had seen each other.

"This would be a good time for you to see Martha again, Jeanie," my father said to my mom with a smile. "You were both cheerleaders in high school."

"It would be really nice to catch up with her again. I wonder how much she's changed." My mom smiled.

As soon as my mom finished her sentence, she let out a yawn, bringing her delicate hand up to her lips to cover her open mouth.

I felt myself yawn. "I'm going to go to bed. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow." I stood up and stretched.

I bent down and my mom kissed my forehead. "Good night, Rose. Sweet dreams."

I hugged my dad from behind as he looked at some plans for a new machine being built at his work. "Night, princess. See you in the morning."

I walked across the up the stairs, looking at the bare walls that would soon be filled with pictures of family outings that would bring sweet memories of when I was little into my mind.

My room was a light pink color and my white furniture was already in place, just the way I wanted it. I grabbed my diary off of my desk and sat on the ledge of my bay window. Gotham was lit up with bright lights. Even though it was late at night, the city was still as busy as ever. It looked so much more beautiful than the suburban area that I was used to living in. When I finished daydreaming, I climbed under my covers, enjoying the warmth.

I started thinking of tomorrow and the fluttery feeling that filled my body when he delivered the news. I had never felt anything like that before. It was like, a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

Midnight crept into my room, the bell on his collar making a gentle tinkling sound. He stopped midway and meowed at me. I patted my lap and he curled up, falling asleep almost instantly.

I opened my diary and began to write:

Dear Diary,
We finally made it to Gotham, my new home. I'm extremely excited to see what this city has in store for my family and I.

My father got a call from his friend tonight, Thomas Wayne. He asked if we wanted to come over tomorrow.

I wonder where they live. I wonder what their house looks like.

With Midnight purring softly and the sounds of the city, I closed my eyes and drifted off into a peaceful slumber. That night, I slept like I never had before.