Now that they were leaving, seemingly without the bodies, made her groan in annoyance because then it meant she'd have to hide them herself. Stefan didn't seem inclined to help considering how much of a mess he'd made. "To find more food, preferably further out of town where our fun won't be ruined." America frowned as she followed after the man, casting a backward glance at the dead couple lingering behind. "I feel like this is a really bad idea." Stefan cast her a look of sheer exasperation as he stopped atop the staircase.

"Oh, I'm sorry do you want to go back to the man who doesn't want you? Who pawned you off and made you my goddamn problem? Or the best friend you gave your life for that hasn't tried contacting you at all? Or maybe—" Her expression was murderous as she scowled at the vampire, eyes darkening a mean red. "Okay, you don't need to be a dick. Lead the way." She hissed, moodily gesturing for him to continue. America could have slapped the self-satisfied smile off his face.

-

Klaus grunted in mild annoyance as his phone rang for the tenth time in the hour, the unknown number horribly persistent. When he finally gave in and answered, deducing it had to be one of Eleanora's friends, he caught a put-out huff on the other end. "Finally! Do you ever answer your phone?" The man's eyebrows raised in surprise and slight bewilderment. "Caroline?" The blonde on the other end scoffed and he could almost see her rolling her eyes. "Who else? Look, we have a vampire problem we suspect might be a hybrid problem and you need to fix it." 

He would have had much to say about the blatant demand if he hadn't heard enough complaining from Eleanora to know that regardless of who she spoke to, that was just Caroline. A voice sounded in the background. Damon Salvatore. "Yeah, Klaus, one of your hybrids is leaving a trail of bodies in the next town over but there were a couple here in town. It's a problem." The man furrowed his brows, catching the eye of Nolan as he paused on his way to the courtyard. 

The other hybrids in earshot stopped as well, wearing their perplexed frowns. "No one's unaccounted for. It's not any of us." Merrick sniped from where he was bent over sawing at a wood plank. "Well, it's none of ours." Caroline huffed sounding so sure of herself until Damon's hesitant voice spoke up. "Actually. . . Klaus, Stefan's with you after the move he pulled last night, right? You're all buddy-buddy again?" Klaus blinked, eyes narrowing in confusion before he groaned, shutting his eyes in annoyance as he hissed a curse under his breath. 

"I'll take that as a no." Shuffling indicated the man was gone but Caroline remained. "Why would Stefan suddenly go on a killing spree like this?" The hybrid worked his jaw as he surveyed his hybrids, silently choosing the best ones to send searching for the pair. "He's not alone," Klaus muttered, "you and your friends' little stunt got Eleanora killed with vampire blood in her system." Caroline's stunned silence was telling but the man didn't have time to revel in it, hanging up shortly after. 

-

"This is. . . this is not good," she breathed heavily, fangs poking at her bottom lips as blackened, red eyes stared up at the vampire standing tall above her. "No,"  Stefan smiled back a little too sharply as he circled her, hands heavy on her shoulders as his lips hovered beside her ear. "It feels better, doesn't it? So sweet. So sweet it's almost sickening." There was a girl with them, one Stefan wanted her to feed on but America felt. . . off. She was blood-drunk without a doubt, having ingested so much but somehow she knew it didn't account for her confusion.

The confusion that influenced her compliance with Stefan's demands. That drove every decision she followed to bite and drink again and again and again. It's what pushed her to step forward even as her mind and body protested and the girl whimpered, tears running down her face. "Stefan, I. . . I don't feel so good." The vampire nodded, seeming to understand her speech even as it began to slur. "You'll feel better if you feed." The pit settling in her stomach was growing painful and so relief sounded worth one more death. One more face in her nightmares.