Sickness

I woke up one morning feeling nauseated. I tried to get out of bed but a wave of dizziness hit me, and I flopped back down. Jim sat up and looked at me, worried and confused.
"Are you alright, baby?" He asked me, and I nodded.
"I'll be fine. Just give me a meenute." I said, and caught my breath. But when i tried to get up, the same happened. Jim laid me back into bed, and went off into the kitchen. When he returned, he was holding various tablets and medicines for me.
"Do you know what's caused this?" He asked me, and I shook my head gently.
"I'll call in, say you need a day off." He said, and I groaned. He left the room again. I focused on sleeping, but i felt I was going to be sick. And I was sick, about 4 times. Jim came in and got dressed for work, before running his fingers through my hair.
"Bones is coming over to check on you in a while, baby. Is that ok?" He asked.
"Sure, whatever. As long as I get better soon. It's boring not being at work." I said, and he laughed.
"You are funny, Katia. I would kiss you, but I don't want to catch anything. I'll see you later." He said, and walked away. I dozed off, until there was a knock at the door.
"No wisitors! I'm sick." I called out, and heard a laugh at the door.
"So you won't even let in a doctor?" The man asked, and I immediately recognised the voice belonged to Bones.
"Come in. You know the code." I called, then I heard the door open and footsteps. Bones appeared at the doorway and laughed.
"Well, you look like total crap, K." He told me, and I rolled my eyes.
"I know I do, Bones. So shut up and help me out." I moaned, and he grinned at me.
"Alright, what do you think it is?" He asked me, perching himself on the side of the bed.
"Well, it could be a stomach bug." I said. But after a few tests and examinations, Bones sighed.
"It may be possible that you're... pregnant." He said, and my eyes widened.
"No way." I said, and he laughed.
"Come on, it's all there, K! The sickness, cramps, do you not think it's possible?" He asked me, and I shook my head.
"I think you should take a pregnancy test." He continued, and I sighed.
"Fine. But I doubt I'm pregnant." I said, and tried to get out of bed. Bones helped me up and I went to the bathroom to do the test. After I was done, I got back into bed. The sickness wasn't as bad then, so I hoped I was getting better already.
"Alright, now we wait." Bones said.
"How are you even here? Zere's no chief medical officer on the Enterprise!" I said, and he laughed.
"I put another nurse in charge for the day." He said, and I flopped my head back into the pillow. Whilst we waited, we kept the conversation going easily.
"K, do you want kids?" He asked me, and I sighed.
"Not really, but if I am pregnant, I'll make it work. Somehow." I said, and he nodded.
"What about Jim?" He asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows.
"I'm not sure. But maybe it would be nice to have a child. If we do have one, I wouldn't mind having a girl." I said.
"Alright, I think we've waited long enough. Let's go check the results." He said, and went into the bathroom. He returned with the test in his hand, frowning.
"What is it?" I asked, and he looks at me.
"I don't know if you're gonna like it or not, K." He said, and handed the test to me. I looked at the results. Pregnant.
"No. No fucking way." I moaned, and he laughed.
"Well, congratulations." He said, and I clapped my hand to my eyes.
"What do I do, Bones?" I asked.
"Well, I'll do scans and stuff for you, but we can wait a week for that. How many weeks does it say you are?" He asked me, and I looked at the test again.
"Uh, three weeks." I said.
"Yeah, I'll sort you out next week. How are you feeling now?" He asked me, and I sat up.
"Better. I don't feel sick anymore, or dizzy, just confused." I explained.
"Alright. Do you want me to stay, or..." he trailed off.
"It's alright. You can stay if you like, I'll only watch a film." I said, and climbed out of bed. I hugged him.
"Zank you, Bones." I said, and he smiled.
"My pleasure, K. Anything to spend time with a friend." He said, and I released him. He left the apartment and I went into the lounge. After a long moment deciding what to watch, I went with 'the hobbit: battle of the five armies', one of my all time favourites.

"I'm home!" Jim called as he walked through the door. I was focusing on the film, tears streaming down my cheeks.
"Oh. You're watching that again, are you? It makes you cry every time!" He laughed, and I looked at him.
"I can't help it! I just love ze dwarves, alright?" I asked. And he nodded, before sitting down next to me.
"So, what did Bones say?" He asked me when the film ended.
"Well, we discovered something big." I said, and he raised an eyebrow.
"What is it?" He asked me.
"I... well, do you want kids, Jim?" I asked him.
"Umm, maybe?" He said, and I sighed.
"I'm pregnant, Jim." I said, and he gasped.
"Oh my god, Katia! You're having a baby!" He squealed, and hugged me.
"How are we going to look after it, though? We both have to work all ze time." I said, and he thought for a minute.
"We'll work something out. But what's most important is that we're happy, darling." He said, and held my hand.
"Alright. But I'm not happy right now." I said, and crosses my arms.
"Why, baby?" He asked ms, and I smiled.
"Because I'm hungry." I said, and Jim laughed.
"Oh. Hi hungry, I'm Jim." He said, and I laughed.
"Not ze dad jokes!" I exclaimed, and he laughed too. And I hoped that the whole baby issue would turn out ok.