"So it's more of a pride thing?" I asked him, he still hadn't turned his head to look at me. 

"I guess you could say that. It's just I grew up around that stuff, I saw my dad do it all the time. I know it's not right, but I guess I do it because I'm not good with words. I'd rather use my fists to make my point, rather than try to talk it out." He said, and I could tell in his voice that he was getting frustrated and some what disappointed with himself. 

"Well a lot of guys think that, but I could see how your background influences you more than others. You know what I think?" I asked him and my question got him to turn his head back to meet my eyes. "I think you just need something to keep you from getting the urge to punch."

"How so?" He scrunched his eyebrows at me. 

"Oh I don't know," I turned my head this time, "When you wanna punch someone, you just gotta think of what could calm you down." I sighed and the silence between us told me that we were both thinking. "Like a happy place."

"I can't think of anything." He said and I saw him look at me. 

"Well what is the one thing that makes you forget about everything else going on?" I said to him, while I was still thinking. 

"You." He said and then I turned my head to meet his eyes. His eyes were serious, but also displayed a pretty light brown color that spelled out 'love'. Hearing him say that made the butterflies go off in my stomach, I couldn't help but be happy. We didn't look away from each other, the moment was too perfect to spoil with words. "You're the one that makes me feel that everything will be okay. Just the thought of you, Kota, strengthens me." He said then ran his finger over my arm, just for second but it meant everything. 

"Okay, so what do you like doing with me the most?" I asked him in a whisper, because quite frankly, he took my breath away. 

I followed his eyes down my hand at my side, and then his thumb traced the back of my hand and then stopped. "I like when you hold my hand," I returned stroking the back of his hand and then I intertwined our fingers together, both our gazes looked at our hands. "Holding your small hand in mine symbolizes that we're a couple, and no one else matters but us. I like feeling your enticing soft hand against my calloused hand. Holding your hand is holding a small part of you, and to me, that is the only thing that matters." I realized I was still looking at our hands, so I looked back up to Cooper, who was already looking at me with those loving eyes. Right now I was feeling that feeling you get when you want to cry, but there's no tears in your eyes. 

I rolled over so my chest was against his side and I put my left hand on the other side of him and I didn't waste any time to kiss him. His right hand tucked a piece of loose hair behind my hair, the warm touch of his finger gliding against my skin made me melt inside. Then he cupped my face with that free hand. This kiss was just, wow. Very romantic and passionate. I gave his hand a squeeze and then I pulled back from our sweet kiss. "You were wrong." I said to him and he gave me a confused look. 

"About what?" He asked me and I smiled at him. 

"You're very good at words." A laugh escapes my lips, but then I become serious as I lied down beside him again, but closer to him this time. "That means a lot, Coop. Thank you." I say and lean my head against his shoulder, and rub my thumb across his hand. 

"I like this." He said after a while of silence. His voice was quiet, like he didn't want anyone to hear us. 

"Like what?" I asked him. 

"Talking to you when it's 1 o'clock in the morning, everything seems so simple and it makes it feel like we aren't hiding from everyone." 

"Yeah," I mumble as I disconnect our hands and I turn my body and drape my arm across his stomach and put my head in the crook of his neck. His left hand started drawing circles on my back, "Well everyone except for your mom." I chuckle and his chest lets one out too. "But I like being with you, I wish I could do it all the time. But for now, I just wanna go to sleep." I say and finally close my eyes.