Chapter 26

*slight trigger warning because of a conversation between Jerome and Nolan*

Chapter 26

Jerome

       I was really getting tired of Dirk. At first, I thought he was an okay person. Now, I was tempted to track him down with my shovel.

      I made a video that day Nolan and I got back together, explaining what happened and thanking my subscribers for being so concerned when they noticed I was looking sad. I also inserted the video of me dancing for Nolan, courtesy of Mae recording it, at the end of the video.

       Dirk chose to react to that video and said that Nolan and I breaking up was a publicity stunt for views.

       I would never lie to my subscribers for views, especially about something as sensitive as a break up.

       He just started a war.

       However, I was going to take a lighter approach to it. Just a bit of shade. I wasn't going to act like he was and be a total douche bag.

       I turned on my camera and faced it towards me before making it start recording. "What is up, Jeromans? I am here with another vlog, obviously." I then turned the camera towards Nolan, who was standing by the door on his phone. "Nolan, tell the Jeromans where we're going today."

       Nolan looked up at and the camera. "The pet store."

       "That is right," I said, making the camera face me again. "I woke up and suddenly decided that I wanted to get a dog, so Nolan and I are getting a dog. The dog will be staying in my apartment, but it will be mine and Nolan's. And don't worry. I'm not getting a dog just for the views."

       "He wants a dog, so he's getting a dog," Nolan said.

       "Exactly," I said before walking over to Nolan and standing beside him so we were both in the camera's shot. "See, he gets me. Oh, and before you ask, no, we don't not fake a break up just to get views. We were actually broken up for two weeks. It was the worst two weeks of my life."

       "Of your life?" Nolan asked. "Try of my life."

       "....Fair point," I said. "Oh, I almost forgot." I looked back at the camera. "Here's a shout out to Dirk for getting my name out there. Yeah, as it turns out, the most popular vlogger reacting to my videos is gaining me a lot of subscribers, so thank you for that." I looked at Nolan. "Ready to go?"

       "Yeah," he said, so we left the apartment building. 

       We got into my car and I placed the camera on the dashboard before I started up the car. While I was driving the car, Nolan turned on the radio and began flipping through the stations before stopping on a song. "Hey, it's the song you danced to for me," he said before he started singing along and being all cute.

       He even had a smile on his face, but....I knew he was faking it.

       I stopped the camera from recording and turned the music down a bit. "You don't have to fake being happy, Nolan," I said. 

       "Why not?" he asked. "Fake it until you make it."

       "Well, yeah, but I don't want you faking anything around me," I said. "If you're just feeling down, you don't have to pretend you're happy. You can just talk to me."

       Nolan sighed. "It isn't easy. I don't want people babying me just because I'm feeling depressed."

       "No one's going to baby you," I said.