Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Jerome

       I woke up at seven in the morning because my stupid alarm clock decided to go off then. I didn't know why, but it did and now that I was awake, I was unable to fall back asleep.

       Nolan, on the other hand, was still asleep. I didn't know how he could sleep through the loud beeping of the alarm.

       I sighed and reached for my camera sitting on the nightstand and unplugged it from its charger. I was going to be vlogging all day today, so why not vlog now?

       I turned on my camera and made it face me before starting to record it. "What's up, Jeromans? It's, like, seven in the morning right now and my alarm decided to go off so now I'm awake. Nolan's still asleep and he looks so adorable when he's sleeping." I turned the camera to face my adorably sleeping boyfriend. "Look how cute he is. Would I be a mean boyfriend if I woke him up?"

       "I'm already awake," Nolan muttered, though he kept his eyes closed. "I was just hoping to go back to sleep."

       "Was it the alarm or me?"

       "The alarm. But then you started talking."

       "I'm sorry, baby. Forgive me?"

       Nolan opened his eyes and smiled lazily at me. "Of course. Happy birthday."

       "Aww, you remembered."

       Nolan raised an eyebrow. "It's kind of hard to forget."

       "I know. Who can forget my birthday? Want to go get some breakfast?"

       "Sure," Nolan said before sitting up. "You vlogging all day?"

       "I'm vlogging all day."

       Nolan and I got out of my bed then walked out of the bedroom where Mae was cooking what smelled like pancakes in the kitchen. When she saw me, she walked over and gave me a hug. "Happy birthday," she said.

      "Thanks," I said. "Want to say hi to my subscribers?"

      "Hi, Jeromans," Mae said into the camera with a smile before looking at me. "What are you doing today?"

      "A lot," I said. "Mini-golfing, eating fro-yo, vlogging....Yeah, that's it, so not that many stuff. You making pancakes for everyone?"

      "Yeah, Ryder's in a grumpy mood and said he wanted pancakes, so I would rather not make him even more grumpy and refuse to give him pancakes."

       "Why is he grumpy?" Nolan asked.

       "Why do you think?" Mae asked.

       "He still wants a baby?"

       "Yeah. He kept asking over and over last night if we can have s--"

       "Okay, I am cutting that part out," I interrupted. "I don't think my subscribers want to know that."

       Mae shrugged and walked back to the kitchen. "He's going to bring it up again anyway. He never stops."

       "I think you should just give him what he wants so he'll shut up for once," I said.

       "No way," Mae said. "There's no way I'm going to be pregnant for nine months while I'm in school. I get stressed way too easily and that will only make things worse."

       Ryder walked out of the bedroom just then, rubbing his eyes and I could easily see the scowl on his face. Someone really was in a grumpy mood.