Chapter 4

~[Hope's Point of View]~

"Looks like I'm running low on supplies,"I mused, noting the lack of cloth everywhere.

'Time to order more supplies....hmm, I should make a list!'

Nodding to myself, I set to my task with more determination than I should for buying for more cloths.

After I ordered what I needed, I told the person to keep it on hold so I can come to pick it up at the store. The store was in the city.

"Okay, I can do this-- sight please don't fail me..."

I left my shop after locking it, heading deeper into the city.

~•~•~•~

~[Mahiru's Point of View]~

I was walking home from school, wondering why no one remembered-- besides Kuro and I-- Ryuusei getting attacked and bitten by a vampire. Suddenly, a ruckus came from my backpack.

It sounded like....arguing?

Adjusting the bag in front of me, I unzipped the backpack to reveal Kuro-- and that magician vampire guy in his doll form from yesterday.

Confused, I picked up the vampire doll, "How did you get in there?"

Ignoring my question, the vampire doll asked for my blood since he was hungry. Angrily, I demanded to know what was going on, shouting at the doll. Why didn't anybody remember?!

"Is that boy talking to that doll...?"

People were whispering and staring at me, either like I was crazy or was concerned.

Embarrassed, I hurriedly walked away. Stuffing a protesting doll back into my backpack. Not looking where I was walking, I accidentally ran into someone, sending them falling backwards onto the ground.

I felt Kuro stiffen on my shoulder.

"Oof....ow,"The female stated, sitting up, "Did I walk into a wall again...?"

Ignoring the strange statement, I rushed to help her up. "Ma'am, I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going,"I apologized, "Are you okay?!"

I pulled her onto her feet, making sure she was balanced before letting go of her hand. The kimono clad woman shook her head with a small smile, making me notice the black bandana tied over her eyes.

"I'm okay, it happens to the best of us, thank you."

"What's with the blindfold?..."I asked in curiosity, realizing a second to late what I said out loud and how rude it was. "Oh-- oh my god, I'm so sorry--!"

The young woman only laughed, "It's okay, it is strange for a person to walk around like this, isn't it?"

I hesitantly gave a nod, then she continued with a explanation.

"My eyes are very sensitive to light, they've always been...the blind fold I'm wearing is see-through, but provides a shade or filter of how much light comes through for my eyes. To me, it works better than anything else I've tried."

"Oh....I'm sorry."

She was smiling trying to hide her sadness on the subject, but her head moved slightly towards Kuro. Kuro tensed up even more, like he was trying to hide in plain sight from the woman in front of us.

"Kuro? Something wrong?"I question in worry, looking at him and glancing back at the girl. Kuro gave a less than half-hearted meow still staring at the girl with....something I couldn't name.

"I'm sorry to ask..."The woman began, sticking out her hand, palm up, "But you have something that I believe belongs to someone else."

"Huh?"

"The doll,"She stated, hand still out. 'Could she be mixed up with another doll? Should I play dumb?'

"W-what doll?"

Her calm demeanor didn't falter, "Don't play dumb, the doll with the top hat in your backpack, I would like to return it to the owner."

'Does she really think the vampire is a regular doll? What do I do?! Give it to her so she can potentially get killed?! Or--'

Clack...

"Oh wait...I didn't introduce myself did I?"The woman retracted her hand back to her side as she realized this, bowing, "My apologies, I've been rude."

Clack...

"Uhm...."Was all I could utter in reply.

Clack...

"My name is-"

Clack...

The woman stopped her introduction when it started raining, even though no dark clouds covered the clear blue sky.

Clack...

"Light rain with a clear sky...?"I gazed up at the sky confused.

Clack...

"Sleepy Ash, it's okay..."The woman whispered, giving a gentle smile. Kuro gazed at the woman with wide eyes.

Clack.

'Sleepy Ash...? What is that?'

Suddenly, a new voice joined the fray, the world around us going red.