Chapter 4

The lonely nights seemed to never end.

During the day Sehun would either be at home on the phone for hours or out at meetings and errands until evening.

But once night came, he'd slip out and I wouldn't see him until the next morning.

Sighing, I sipped on my chamomile tea while finishing up some documents on a property my parents had recently invested in.

It was already midnight by the time I was done.

Sehun was still not back.

"Oh well, it's not like I have a reason to care." Yet a tiny part of me seemed upset.

I relaxed my body as I lied down on the couch, the blankets engulfing me in a warm embrace.

Just as my eyes filled with sleep my phone buzzed.

"Jinah, I'd like you and Sehun to join me in the next stock holders meeting. I'll have my receptionist call you tomorrow with the details. I love you.
-Dad."

For the millionth time today, a long sigh escaped my lips as I hastily replied back and set my phone down with a thump.

All I know right now is with everything going on recently, sleep is my best friend.

And that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

~~

After getting off the phone with my dads receptionist, Sehun had finally woke up.

"Good morning wife." He smirked at me groggily.

Rolling my eyes I made my way to the kitchen.

"What would you like for breakfast?"

"The usual."

I grabbed a bowl and filled it with rice from the rice cooker on the counter. I also threw together some fresh sides and laid them out in a spread on the table.

"Thanks wife."

By that time, smoke was seeping from my ears.

"I told you not to call me that."

He eyed me.

"I've been calling you that from the day we got married, how do you expect me to change it now. That'd be quite burdensome."

My eye twitched in annoyance.

Without responding, I made my way to the shower.

~~

The hot water pounded on my back as I hummed.

It was nice in the shower. I could think about everything, detox from stress, relax, and physically it made me feel less tense.

After I finished bathing, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around me and pulled on my robe.

The mirror was completely fogged up from all the steam that had ventured out.

Writing my name with my finger, I smiled.

I felt so much better already.

~~

"Will you hurry up already?"

"Just a moment please."

I rushed to throw on some clothes.

As soon as I opened the door, Sehun marched in and glared at me.

"You took forever in the bathroom, now I have barely any time. And the food you made me was a little cold. And you need to organize all the papers on the living room table."

I stared up at him, appalled.

Anger and lots of other emotions rose in my veins and I just snapped.

"You know what? I'm trying, ok? If you think this is only hard for you then you're wrong. I'm doing my best to be a good wife and daughter despite the circumstances. And you're always leaving me alone and not telling me where you're going at night. Don't you think maybe I'm a little worried and insecure? I'm sorry I'm not perfect but I'm really trying."

I stormed out, not giving him a chance to say a word.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks, and I honestly don't understand why.

Why am I feeling this way?

---------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I've got some very good feedback so far from the fanfic! Although I would like more people to read it. So I have decided I will not post the next chapter until I have reached 250 reads on this ff. Please be patient with me and {hint!} commenting will also make me update faster. I hope you enjoy it and continue to support this and and my other fanfics! (: