Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I woke up to a banging headache and slowly tried to pry my eyes open. My eye lids felt heavy as if they were made out of bricks. My tongue was dry when I tried to move it about in my mouth.

I managed to pry one eye open to see a bright light across a white ceiling. I squinted and shut my eyes back. Blocking out the offending lights.

"She's awake." I heard someone say. The voice seemed far away. I strained to hear it.

"My baby" I heard my mom squeal. "Someone call a doctor."

I heard some rustling from across the room. "She's been asleep in that coma for so long. I hope shes okay." Another voice said.

I felt a strong presence enter the room. My hand was suddenly lifted up and enveloped in their bigger ones. From the feeling I was getting I knew it was Alexander that came towards me.

I felt the bed dip as he pulled my hand onto his lap.

"Open your eyes." I heard him say softly. He leaned in closer to me as I felt his breath on my cheek. He was whispering close to my ear. "Open your eyes vixen."

I tried to open my eyes but they seemed to heavy to open. The lashes felt like weights against me. I managed to open them to small slits. Allowing a small measure of light to come in. Most of the bright light was taken up by the obstructing shadow of the Alpha.

Alexander was leaning over me his eyes looking at me intently.

"Is mummy awake?" I heard a tentative voice say. I turned my head to the side to see Xander sitting on Nana Luna lap.

He jumped up and rand towards me. Alex caught him around the waist before he plowed himself on my bed.

"Not just yet Xander. Mum needs her rest." Alex explained. He sat back down on the bed and pulled Xander to sit beside him. Both of them grabbed my hands. Their face a mirror of each other emotions. Sadness, fear and anxiety.

"What--" I cleared my throat, finding the words to speak very hard as my throat was parched. "What happened?"

"You fainted." Alexander stated. He reached around Xander to pick up a glass of water. He pressed a button on the bed to sit me up to enable me to drink a glass of water.

After a couple of sips I laid my tired head back against the pillow.

"What do you remember last?" my mum asked from across the room. I gently rotated my aching head to look at her. I could tell she was itching to get closer to me. My dad had his hand wrapped around her waist. To comfort her or restrain her I don't know.

I touched my hand to my head trying to figure out what I remember last. "I....I..." I stammered. "I remember talking to Seb and Jessica. Trying to talk them out of doing the wolf test. Then Jessica she..." I remembered the presence of her wolf. The overpowering sensation. "She..." her wolf almost attacked me.

"She?" Alexander voice got louder more demanding. "What did she do?"

"N. .. nothing" I replied. Not out of fear. More out of embarrassment. How must I be Alpha female if the betas chosen mate could over power me. Seb was right I am a weak wolf. What does the Alpha see in me. I looked down at my chest. Adverting my eyes from the disappointment I am bound to see in their eyes.

"It wasn't anything." Alexander gripped my hand tighter. "Tell me what happened."

"Yes, tell him darling." my father chipped in.

"I think it's best we leave them alone for the time being." Nana Luna said as she stood up. "I think they need to talk in private. Xander come with me you can see your mum in a couple of minutes."