Chapter Six

Waking up! It's Friday and it is September 23rd. We have a class today in the university but I don't know if I want to go to school. Every Monday to Thursday, I'm at my cooperating school which is a public high school to finish my internship. I'm an education student so it means I'm in that public school to teach English: literature and grammar. Rock! And every Friday I'm in the university for my Curriculum Development subject. Just for one subject and I have to travel for almost two hours to get there. It's freaking tiresome.

But today, it's something special because tomorrow is my birthday. So I'm planning to skip class today and just wander anywhere. 'Insert evil laugh'

I texted Eric asking him if he wants to join and he said yes. I didn't bother to text the others to join me as well because I know that they're working. So, Eric will join me to celebrate my birthday. I bring my monopod, in case we need to do some selfie.

"Where are we going?" Eric asked.

"Hmmm." Now that he said that, I start to think too. "I don't know. Hahaha." He looked pissed and I just laughed at him.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked.

"Luneta Park?" I said. It's not really a question but a suggestion.

"Oh yeah, sure!" then we ride in a jeepney. All thrilled to do this unplanned trip.

After riding in a jeepney, we transfer to a bus. I don't know how to go to Luneta so Eric is the guide. He said we'll be travelling for almost three hours.

While on the bus, we open the Wi-Fi and log in on fm. Just trying to see if some of our friends is online. No one is so we just chat with some people there. We teamed up to make friends in there.

Then we meet Lexie. She is a Filipina who looks like she's in her late 20s. She is a Math teacher in Indonesia. So cool and she's telling us her experiences in Indonesia. Then we meet Sam, a Filipina working in Singapore. So fun! She's pretty and she's kind. She's also a friend of Sophie and Angeleth.

Then we meet Amy, she's an Indonesian working as a wedding photographer. She looks like she's my age but she's freaking older than me. She's in her mid-20s. And we get along because I am a photography enthusiast. We talk about cameras, places where to take photos like beaches and forest. And Indonesia has so many islands and it's a good setting for a pictorial. We meet Christy, a Brazilian working as a sales clerk. She's really kind and for me, she is really pretty, inside out.

Then I meet Haji from Saudi. He's Eric's friend. And I find them funny because Haji is not fluent in English so most of the time they fight because of some misunderstanding. LQ all the time! Hahaha.

Then this other guy named Fez. He's kind to me. And he likes giving gifts. So generous of him. Actually he looks cool for his age. Haha. He's twenty years older than me. So he's in his 40s. We talk about cars. That's something related to his job. And I do love cars. I told him I wanted to be a car racer. Well, I just want to try it even just once. So he recommends some car models to me. Then we talk about PPAP. Yes, that freaking Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen song because he heard me singing that one time. Saying that I polluted his mind with the PPAP song and now he can't stop himself singing it. I should be more aware of what I'll be singing next time.

Then there's Bambu. We chat him and talk for hours until we get to Manila. When we get there we take a train to Luneta Park. And when we get out of the train and see Luneta, I feel like a child again. I run to get there. And I am smiling widely because it's so beautiful.

There is this part of Luneta Park where an enormous replica of the Philippines lays on the ground with some waters on it. So it looks like the Philippines and the Pacific Ocean surrounding it. Then there are many playgrounds for kids and kids at heart. Then different camping sites where you can rest under the shade of green trees place your tent or mat then voila, enjoy it. Then the dancing fountains. There are different lights coming from under the water that makes it looks like the fountains have colors: violet, green, blue and red. It's cool. Then there's the famous monument of our National hero Dr. Jose Rizal. That's why it is sometimes called Rizal Park instead of Luneta Park. That is the resting place of Dr. Rizal.