Chapter 4 - The Date and Wings

• इन्हें समर्पित: roseangel2

“Hey Drake!” I exclaimed smiling as I opened the front door to my house. It was now Saturday at six in the evening, like when he said he’d come pick me up. “Ready for the movie?”

“Yeah. I’m driving.” Drake told me, taking my hand and heading down the path to the car. Yes, Drake had a car. It was a shiny red Honda, and he was sixteen and had a legal driver’s license. What girl wouldn’t want that?

As we were driving down the highway, my mind kept flipping back and forth between relaxing and enjoying the night and what Ezami said to me. But I was overreacting, right? There’s no way anything would actually happen… but it could…

I turned my head in the direction of shotgun window, looking at the sky and trying not to think about it. But what would happen if Drake found out? Would I be banned or something? I shivered at the thought, thinking of any possible way they could do that.

I didn’t realize the car stopped moving when we arrived at the movie theater. It was kind of odd to be there, just because it wasn’t really a special occasion and I was all dressed up. Even Drake didn’t wear his usual T-shirt and jeans. Thanks to Nicole and her awesome fashion sense, I wore a purple knee-length, strapless dress and strappy silver shoes and diamond studs, and Drake wore a leather black jacket and black pants, but still had his silver converse.

“I’ll get the popcorn, so why don’t you grab seats? It’ll be packed.” Drake asked me, getting in line.

“Okay.” I replied, starting to head towards the theater. I whipped around again before I was out of ear shot. “Also, cherry icee for me!” I called to him, and he held a thumbs up. I entered the black-walled theater, sitting down a few rows from the top in the comfy red chairs. Before Drake came, I was over-thinking what Ezami told me. Your wings will come when you least expect it and the most hated time.

Now would be that perfect time.

When Drake walked into the theater, I tried to make the thoughts go away, but they stayed. He sat down next to me, and everything was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~

We went through the entire two-hour long movie without any mishaps. I let out a sigh of relief as we headed out, and I was ready to go home, just so I could get rid of this stressed and worried feeling that was settled over me at the moment.

“I had a really great time. Thank you so much, Drake.” I told him as we walked back to the car.

“No problem, I had a lot of fun too.” He replied, and we both got in the car and drove in the direction back to my neighborhood. I watched as my house was in front, next, and then behind me.

He drove right past my house.

“Uh, Drake? My house was back there.” I told him, pointing the other direction.

“I know. We’re going someplace else.” He grinned at his comment. I trusted him, but had no idea where we were going. We drove out onto the highway, and it was getting closer and closer to my curfew. If I wasn’t back by nine-thirty, I was screwed.

Love, War, and Flightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें