Chapter 13

“Okay guys, I’ll see you later.” I waved at Fey and Valerie who were waving back at me. I entered the house and wanted to scream out to Dom that I was home, but held it in because I heard loud arguing.

“No! I already told you that I’m giving the spot to Robert and I’m not changing my mind. If you have any problems, I’m still here for you, but I cannot be your guard.”

“Why not? You are the best! Is it because of that b*tch?” I inched towards the living room and found Dominic holding Mauricio by his neck.

“No matter how much of a friend you are, you will not talk about her that way. That is my girlfriend and I will not allow you to disrespect her that way.”

“You better watch your back, amigo.”

“No, escuchame (listen to me) Mauricio! I have more influence than you can imagine and I have no problems with calling in a favor. You are under me and you will do good to remember that.” I felt the chills from his last statement, but it still turned me on so much. Mauricio glared at Dominic and stormed my way, giving me a dirty look as he slammed the door to leave.

“How much of that did you hear?” I snaked my arms around Dominic’s hard body and kissed his lips.

“I heard enough. Have I told you lately that you’re hot?” Dominic laughed his deep, rich laughter and leaned back down to kiss me again.

“Not lately.” I squealed as Dominic picked me up bridal style and kissed my belly. “I love you so much, Querida.” I smiled and stroked his stubbly cheek.

“I love you too, Dom. We love you.” He grinned and sat down on the couch, setting me down in his lap and wrapping his arms around my middle.

“Baby, I know this is a difficult situation for you, being a pregnant teenager. I hate how we can’t be out in public together and I hate how I won’t be able to claim my child until you graduate, but I want you to know that I will be here every step of the way. Midnight snacks to doctor’s visits, I’ll be there.”

I felt tears surface and I kissed Dominic again. I don’t know how he’d known that I worried about that so much, how many sleepless nights that had caused for me. “Thank you, Dom. I know you’ll be here for me.”

He wiped away my tears and kissed my cheek. “You know what? Tonight, I’m taking you on a date. Go and get nice and dressed up for me.” I stood up and hurried back to our room, wanting to get dressed up for once. I poked my head out of the door.

“Wait, where are we going?”

“I’m not telling you.” Dominic sounded amused, but I couldn’t see him since he was still in the living room.

“Well, how am I going to know what to wear?”

***

I smoothed down my dress as Dominic pulled my chair out for me. “Thank you.” I was just greeted with a kiss to the cheek. Dominic seated himself across from me and I found my eyes looking over his face appreciatively.