Chapter 8

I stretched in bed and smiled as I yawned happily. It felt absolutely wonderful to wake up when I felt like it.

No work.

No school.

No Orlando. I loved him to death, but he was a busy body. I’m thanking God for every moment that he spent with his best friend because it meant more time for me to just have peace and silence.

I rolled out of bed and turned on my radio. It had my IPod connected to it and was playing all of my favorite reggae music. I danced as I hummed along with the music. Picking clothes for the day was probably the easiest part. I would just throw on a hoodie and some ripped jeans along with my black Uggs.

I jumped into the shower quickly as I decided that I would spend my time at the park today. It was a beautiful day today and I wouldn’t spend it withering inside my house.

I dressed and ate a granola bar before grabbing my keys and heading out of the day. I knew that my favorite café was down the street, so I made my way in that direction and called up Fey. It had been a while since I really hung out with her and I felt bad.

“Hello?”

“Hey Ms. Lafayette, meet me at Hive, we need some catching up and coffee.” She chuckled.

“I would love to, but unfortunately I’m at my brother’s tournament today, so I can’t go.” I know that because of her job, she usually missed watching her little brother play baseball, so I understood her desire to be there.

“Aw, it’s okay. Tell the ‘rents and Peter that I said hi. And tell Pete I said hit a grand slam for me.”

“Okay, girlie. I’m sorry again. I’ll be all your tomorrow.” I agreed and we aid goodbye. I guess I’ll invite Valerie. She was always up for a day out. I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

“Hey, Baby Mama! What’s up?”

“Meet me at the Hive?”

“Sure thing, babe. Give me 20 minutes.” I said goodbye and hung up. I had really good timing because I arrived at the front of the café right when I hung up with Val. I went in and sat in my favorite little table in the corner.

The waiter walked over to me and smiled seductively. He was nice looking, caramel skin and hazel eyes. His curly hair didn’t compare with Dominic, but then again HE didn’t compete with Dominic anyway.

“Hello Beautiful, what can I get you to drink?”

“Coffee with two sugars and 2 sugar cookies please.”

“Coming right up.” He winked and walked and I rolled my eyes. This guy was way too cocky for his own good and I prayed somebody else brought out my food. A couple minutes later, Valerie walked through the door looking like a super model as always in her high-waist shorts and crop top.

“Hey babe. Miss me?” I rolled my eyes.

“I saw you last night.” Those flowers that ended up on my station were constantly on my mind and I wondered what they meant. Did Dominic giving me the money back and getting me the flowers mean he forgave me? Was he trying to keep me from going to the school board with this?

“Who cares? I missed you.” She combed her fingers through her hair and crossed her long, flawless legs. “So, has things gotten better between you and Mr. Hottie?” I shook my head, then sighed and shrugged.

“I don’t know. I just really messed up by not being honest.”

“He didn’t know you were a virgin and wanted more?” I shook my head and she leaned back in her chair. “So what?”