Chapter 12:

Alex POV

I didn't know how to take it, I swear we sat in the small waiting room for hours. Ash had shown up a few minutes ago but they quickly fell asleep in the chairs, so I was alone, to my thoughts. I sighed and began playing flappy bird on my phone. Excuse my A+ French, but fuck this game. Eventually I raged quit after getting a highscore of 15 and slumped in my chair. Mrs Matthews left about 20 minutes ago to go get us something to eat and I haven't heard from her since. I heard commotion coming from the room Chase was in and I slowly raised myself. I walked to the door and touched the handle, and a thousand memories came to my mind. When I first met him, his first girlfriend, when he and I stole a few packs of candy from the mini mart at lunch. Even when his dad left, I remember hugging him for hours and talking to him about it. When he told me the secret he had with Sarah... I felt tears roll down my cheeks as more memories came into my head like small little movies. I choked back a sob. No one wants to lose their bestfriend. I pulled my hand off the handle, rubbed my hands on my jeans and my phone rang, Chase's mom was here with the food and a "suprise." I tried my tears and went to the parking lot to help her out, leaving the sleeping girls on the floor.

Walking to her car I saw a figure get out of the passenger side, I slim figure with the same build as Chase, brushed back beachy hair and muscles bulged out of his shirt, I glared and automatically got protective of every girl around me. Cody Matthews. The man who deserves the best fucking dad award. He smiled at me with my eyes still in lock.

"Nice to see you Alex." He said through his teeth. I nodded and quickly helped Mrs Matthews with the food that has been making my mouth water for the past 15 minutes thinking about it. I went up to the room with Ash still asleep on the couch with Kenzie no where insight. I panicked and then noticed the door to Chase's room was slightly cracked. Peering inside slowly I noticed Kenzie completely cuddled into Chases unresponsive body, with her headphones in, completely asleep. I smiled softly and slowly closed the door and waited for the adults. They walked in shortly after I started playing with Ash's hair. Mrs. Matthews had dark purple bags under her eyes and Cody looked so pissed with everything is aggravated me. I held Ash a little tighter when he walked in. I ate my burger around her and kept her close, glaring at him unintentionally every once and awhile and he would shallowly chuckle whenever I did. Kenzie walked out an hour or so later with he and I still stealing angry looks and grumbles. She woke Ash up and after getting my goodbye kiss, she left. Mrs. Matthews got up and left shortly after them to get a change of clothes. It was just me and him.

"Who was the pretty girl that walked out of Chase's room? Or the one laying on you. Damn the girls here are hot! I wish I was in highschool." He winked and I lost it. I got up and threw him out of his chair. He stood uneasy on two feet and smiled at me, that's the last thing I remember before I hit him as hard as I could.