Chapter 2- Confrontation

The next morning Kagome woke up refreshed and lively. It was something she hasn't felt in a very long time. Even Sango noticed that Kagome woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed. But, seeing that she was happy, she decided to let her be. After they all had their breakfast Kagome left the hut to go and sit down by the stream the flowed through the village into the rice patty fields. She couldn't help but, smile. Last night was the best night she had in a long time. She could still feel his arm around her waist and his lips on hers. She touched her lip softly, still completely in awe with what happened. He was gentle with her but the kiss they shared was more passionate then anyone she has with Inuyasha. Her mind replaying the events of last night got her heart racing again. She wondered what would happen tonight when they decided to meet again. She began to feel anxious not knowing what he was thinking of thought of her. Maybe... he is different from Inuyasha and maybe she could actually be happy with him. She stared off into the deep blue water flowing past her daydreaming of Sesshomaru. Suddenly, Inuyasha plopped down beside her pulling her out of her day dream. She jumped a bit from the sudden appearance of him. She looked away embarrassed that she had been so focused of thinking of Sesshomaru she didn't notice him come up to her. They sat down for a moment not saying anything until he finally spoke up.

"Kagome?" He asked not looking at her.

"Yes?" she looked up at him slowly trying not to sound suspicious. He sat facing the water, and his eyes were covered by his hair so it made it hard to see what he was thinking.

"What were you doing last night?"  he asked her, his voice sounding a little angry. Oh no. Did he know what happened last night? Was he there watching. Was he there the whole time? No he couldn't of been... he ran off to see Kikyo and he usually comes back late at night. She froze for a bit as he continued. "I got back to the hut and you weren't there sleeping so I went looking for you. I followed your scent to the well... but you didn't leave back to your world. So what were you doing there?"

This pissed Kagome off, oh so now he finally cares to go looking for her when he comes back from spending a long night with Kikyo? She always lets him go out and come back for long periods of time but, she never asked what he was doing. And why should he care? They weren't a couple or anything like that, so he shouldn't treating her like a father asking his daughter why she snuck out the house. She was a grown woman now, she finally finished her schooling and decided to stay in this era for Inuyasha but, you see how that turned out. She didn't have to answer his questions, she wasn't his and he wasn't hers. She folded her arms and retorted "I could ask the same thing!" He flinched showing he was thrown back by this. He gulped and looked away for a moment but turned back and faced her. His angry golden eyes focused on hers as his ears kicked back.

Taking a moment to stare at her then he snapped back, "I meant to say.. why did you reek of Sesshomaru last night?!" After catching their Scents together by the well he had to make sure. He went to the hut where she was finally sleeping and he confirmed she had a strong scent of Sesshomaru on her. So he did notice that..? She thought back a bit she was sitting in his lap and was completely wrapped around by his arm and tail. So, she guessed should would of smelled of him but, then again why should it matter? Why is he getting so angry, he never questioned her before when she left at night alone to cry. But nooooow that he smelled Sesshomaru it was a problem.

Kagome puffed her cheeks in anger, "Why does it matter to you?!"

"You know why it matters to me!" he shouted.

"No, obviously I don't. Because  you don't even care about me or my emotions!" She yelled back as frustration was bubbling up inside her. She clenched her fist fighting the tears back. She won't cry infront of him. He didn't deserve her tears.

Inuyasha looked away, "That's not true at all... you know I-"

Kagome didn't want to here it anymore she already knew where this was going. She stood up turning her back to him, "If you truly cared for me you wouldn't have chose her over me. Just leave me alone." And with those parting words she walked away. Inuyasha didn't try to follow her, he knew she was right. He was so foolish to leave her in the darkness, blindly following after Kikyo. He knew Kagome would never forgive him if she knew of the things they did behind her back. He clenched a hold of Tetsusagia in disgust of himself.