I poked my head out of the window and waved to everyone. My gaze on my parents who smiled sadly, waving back. Darya and Jane were in another car with Vernon driving. Duncan had already called him and asked him to come here.

“I am going to miss them” I said wiping my own tears.

“I love you” Duncan said and I turned to face him. Smiling softly, I kissed his cheeks and rested my head on his shoulders. I desperately needed that reassurance from him.

“I love you back” I said and closed my eyes.

“Sel, wake up” Duncan called me and I opened my eyes. I blinked and looked at Duncan.

“What happened?” I asked him, sitting straight in my seat.

“We are about to reach my pack soon” he replied while I turned to see Vernon’s car behind us. I breathed out in relief, when I saw that Darya and Jane were both asleep in the backseat of the car because for a second, I thought Darya was in danger. I looked at my watch and my eyes widened when I realized it was close to nine at night.  “So, you know everything in my pack or should I tell you something?” Duncan asked me and I smiled lazily.

“I don’t know much, but I do know about total wolves in your pack, your beta’s and third-in-command’s family. I know few things about your fighters” I said and Duncan nodded. “Your pack is quite strong” I told him and Duncan shook his head.

“It’s Supreme Pack that is strongest” Duncan said. “But I have got a feeling that Moreland is a step ahead of them” he said casually.

“Why so?” I asked him furrowing my brows.

“Cortez. You call him Cortez right?” Duncan asked and I nodded. “Well, since he is an Alpha now, I think he will beat them soon if he hasn’t already” Duncan said.

I understood what he meant by that. Cortez is one hell of a strong wolf and I knew he would do anything to keep his pack safe. When I first met him, I was hesitant to approach him because he looked slightly intimidating. I will never accept this to another soul because it’s an insult to my Alpha pride.

He was always silent and indulged in training. He just wanted to attack and kill them. I never spoke to him, until he himself asked me why I was called little bear. When I told him the reason, he smirked and that was the first time I relaxed around him. Ever since then we have been having mini fights going on. He is actually a very rude and stern guy but Alpha Peter had asked him to act like he is happy and dandy since other people should not suspect him, if it’s possible.

In reality, Cortez is nothing like he acts. He is quite opposite and likes to keep it to himself. What he had witnessed in his childhood has been a scar in his life. His hatred for rogues, is something I suppose, will never go away. He has never spared a rogue so far and had killed each and every one of them, callously.

“Sel” Duncan called me and I blinked rapidly. “What were you thinking about?” he asked curiously.

“About Cortez” I said and Duncan growled loudly. I sighed, “Chill, I was just wondering when Cortez will finally calm down?” I told him. My wolf cherished his possessiveness.

Few more minutes of silence passed and then Duncan spoke again. “Do you want the ceremony to be conducted in private or-”

“Private” I said before he could complete his sentence. I wanted everything between me and Duncan to be only between us. My wolf too agreed with the thought and hence, the ceremony of him accepting me to his pack should be private.

“Okay” Duncan said with a smirk.

“What’s the smirk for?” I asked him and he shook his head. The way his eyes turned dark told me that he had lustful thoughts going on. I blinked and looked out of the window.