Its funny how I had this urge inside me that condemned any kind of losing whatsoever. It made me make a lot of irrational choices and was a trait that would probably distinguish how I lived my life. Something I couldn't keep under control, at least that's what I thought. Things like losing ate away at my very soul, and once I start something, I was stuck in forever.

"Performer Elaina?" I heard my name called in a thick masculine French accent. When I turned around, I met the face of Pierre, our host. My eyebrows furrowed, confused as to why he was in the performer's backstage, for starters, and calling my name second.

"Umm...yes?" I replied.

"I just wanted to apologize for forgetting your name on stage. That normally never happens but it's a lot of names to remember and you're a new face." He explained and I chuckled a little. The fact that he forgot my name irritated me at first, but I got over it. After all, people were less likely to recognize me as the girl who lost.

"That's alright...the girl in the hood...kinda has a nice ring to it."

*. *. *. *.

I glanced out the window for what seemed like the hundredth time in the past five minuets

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I glanced out the window for what seemed like the hundredth time in the past five minuets. Ash and Elaina were doing their private training again, chatting continuously on the battle field just outside Valerie's shop window. I was meant to be browsing the apparel again, or that's what I told the pair I would be doing. But I couldn't seem to keep my wondering eyes from the window.

They chatted happily, occasionally breaking into a mini argument. Their expressions constantly changed, from laughing to squabbling to serious as they were engrossed in the topic of conversation. I was most intrigued when their discussion would turn serious. Ash would become deep in thought, as if he was listening but not really there. His mind seemed to be in some other place. And I would wonder what he was thinking, what could be so important that he would detach himself from everything around him?

Elaina and Ash were spending an awful lot of time together lately. Training in the morning, in the evening and whenever they could in between. Not to mention the fact that those two could not go a day without a battle. Elaina refused to update me on Ash's progress cause she claimed we needed to 'figure it out for ourselves'. Leon had also been extremely busy following Valerie around and training with her whenever he could.

And then there were two.

Aron and I had talked a lot. He told me stories about life with their parents, more than Elaina ever did. Aron described his mother's delicious chocolate chip cookies and the Oran berry tree they had in their back garden. I had the feeling that he missed his parents a lot, more than he let on.

"Spying on them again?" Came a familiar voice, making me jump and immediately flare up. I hadn't noticed myself wonder to the window pane.

"Don't scare me like that, Aron." I muttered while turning away, abandoning the view. The twin chuckled, amused by my obvious discomfort.

Our Alternate Ending | | A Pokemon Adventureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें