Amnesty Grey - Chapter 12

Chapter 12

She does not give up. If she wants something, she will get it. Whether you know it or not, she can get anything she wants from and you will never notice. Amnesty is the slyest fox alive, but you will never know that until its too late...” - Arden, sister

I realised that the creatures holding my arms were in maids’ outfits about the same time I was deposited on the floor of an expansive, and expensive, bathroom. I lifted my head from the porcelain tiles and looked around. There was a gold-plated shower in the corner, with a golden, free-standing bathtub next to it. Golden railings held huge bath towels and plush bathmats were placed at precise angles next to the shower and tub. I craned my head to look over my shoulder and saw a huge marble counter with golden faucet fittings and a huge mirror rimmed with beautiful etchings. Marble completely covered the walls, and there was a faint aroma of Sea Breeze deodorant...

“Come,” one of the maids said gruffly, and I looked up to see both of them standing over me. They wore indifferent expressions on both of their faces, and I knew that if I didn’t comply, which I was loath to do, that they would simply do it themselves, and they wouldn’t be too... nice about it.

I sighed and heaved myself up from my starfish position and shrugged at them, as if I said ‘What now?’

They said nothing just walked over to the bathtub and began filling it, throwing things in from the basket that was kept by their feet. I lifted an eyebrow in confusion, but followed them. Soon the bathtub was full with steamy water and sweet-smelling bubbles. One of the women turned the faucet off and the other gestured to me, then to the bathtub. I shook my head vigorously, knowing what she wanted me to do. I had no idea what they had put in that bathtub, but I was pretty sure I didn’t want to go near it.

The woman shook her head, and gestured to the other one, grunting. They came towards me and began pulling off my grimy dress. I shrieked and shrunk away from them, only to have them come at me again relentlessly. I huffed in defeat and shooed them away, resigning myself to the fact that I’d have to get in that bath one way or another. Besides, it didn’t seem that dangerous... it smelled pretty good, and things that smelled good couldn’t be too bad, right?

I began to unzip my dress, but when they failed to turn around, I stopped and stared at them. They simply stared back. I motioned for them to turn around, but they remained set. I glared at them, then unzipped the rest of my dress, letting it fall into a pretty burgundy puddle on the porcelain floor. 

The women tsked as they saw the bruises forming on my stomach from where one of Thayne’s men had kicked me. One of them shook her head in dismay. That was good, they disagreed with the violence inflicted upon me, or at least the consequences of such. I could use that to my advantage. If I tried to escape, it would have to be in the presence of these two. I could knock them out easily, and could expect no retaliation from them... perfect.

Knowing they wouldn’t turn around as they steadfastly stared at me even in my half naked state, I pulled my arms behind me to try and unclasp my bra when a sharp object cut into my chest. I tried to mask my confusion and shock from the maids as I tried to work out what was down my bra.

The knife! All my weapons and garter belts had been removed on the way here, but they obviously hadn’t searched my bra and found not only the tiny dagger, but also the Pryliscerone pill I had stashed there. Thank God for stupid men!

But how on earth was I supposed to get them out without the maids noticing?

I hesitated, figuring out my plan and the exact words. I cleared my throat. “Um, excuse me ladies, but I really don’t feel comfortable stripping down to the way I was born under your watchful eyes. Could you please turn around or something?”