Amnesty Gray - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Amnesty was always a lovely girl, quieter than her sisters, preferring to spend her time reading books than conversing with the popular and influential patrons that surrounded her.” - Cynthia Grey, mother

You know, my sister Arden was always the feisty one, who got drunk at parties, slept around and got into hilarious arguments with strong-minded teachers. Her wild antics often whirled my older class-captain sister Arbonne and I into a frenzy, dragging us down into crashing, catastrophic messes.

She seemed only to get worse after she died. Not that Arbonne knows that.

Its only me, stupid old me that she decided to include in this delightful, twisted world she now belongs to. Well, it is sort of my fault for hanging out around graveyards at night...

But I didn’t ask to know about the Other World or, as my sister fondly refers to it as, “The Other Side of the Halloween Pumpkin”, whatever the bloody hell that means. She was probably drunk when she invented that. Yes, the Risen can get drunk too (Arden was ecstatic when she discovered this).

Arden, I think has never been happier. Dying was a really good change for her. Apparently, the posse of vampires and zombies she now hangs out with are so much more interesting than her old one. I can’t imagine that. Most of these guys have been dead a hundred years or more. They can’t possibly have anything relevant to say on modern issues.

But its not my choice. Since I am technically Arden’s Guardian and Spokesperson, I have been recruited into the Academy of the Hidden (or Angels of Hell as my friends call it). I’ve been sworn to secrecy, get to kill everybody that threatens to expose the Other World/Pumpkin. Oh, and I get to wear sweet-ass weapons.

Not that I want this! Sure, its pretty cool if you get to have a Columbus 3400 Plasma-Blaster, but its no fun if you can’t share it with your surface friends.

But I guess I have no choice. As I said before, Arden always got Arbonne and I into situations we didn’t necessarily find comfortable.

But, lucky freaking class-captain, Southern Belle Arbonne doesn’t have to go around kicking zombie and corruptor ass.

Though, I must admit, that Columbus 3400....