O N E

BaeTaeLay

Thank you for clicking on this book! Much love from the author. ❤️

~•~

Just some things to clarify before you can continue....

~•~

1) JOON IS NOT NAMJOON! THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT CHARACTERS! (in this book, of course)

2) This book is purely for entertainment and butterflies in your stomach. In a cute way...not like, a literal way.

3) In this series, I've made Jung Hoseok's character to be cold, which is contradicting to his character in reality. I hope you imagine well and enjoy the plot with this in mind!

~•~

This may seem dumb to mention, but you'd be surprised at the amount of comments I get that relate to this.

I don't go through every single comment anymore, but if I somehow come across a comment that is disrespectful, I will mute.

Thank you.

Now, please enjoy ❤️

~•~

Soo Emi

"You're the daughter of the boss who owns this entire building! How could you end up as some assistant?" Jennie, my new coworker, softly giggles.

I just shrug. "My father doesn't want me to stress out too much, so he put me as an assistant to start out. I've never had a real job before, so how could I be anything more than that anyway?"

"It's probably for the best." Jisoo, my other coworker, places a caring hand on my knee.

I smile at both of them as they excuse themselves.

I finish my tea and continue exploring the building. It's best if I get familiar with the place before my shift officially starts.

°

My name is Soo Emi.

I don't have any siblings and I don't have a mother in my life right now. Just my incredible and loving father, which is honestly enough for me.

For education, I went to a private school that had a very limited number of students. I had a couple acquaintances, but a lot of my classmates were not very kind to me. Because of that, I've never got the chance to make any real friends....or have any romantic interests.

You can already guess my social skills are quite embarrassing.

After I graduated, I remained in my father's mansion to be kept treated like a princess.

My childhood was "perfect".

How can I say anything less? My father was rich and widely known by the country. I really did live like a princess.

As I grew older, things gradually became boring.

When I turned 21, my father finally got the message that I'm not just a little princess. I wanted to do something with myself rather than live perfectly with his hard earned money.

He was very hesitant at first. He didn't want me to stress out like how he did when he was younger and beginning his career.

But, I convinced him.