00:09

|edited|

Everest

"Okay, Jenny, Everest, Mason, Lily, mom, and Jacob in one van! Dad, Blake, Milly, and Josh in the other!" Dad called.

Yes, I have a large family. Jenny, Mason, Lily, Jacob, Milly, Blake, and Josh are my siblings. Girls in one tent, boys' in the other and mom and dad get their own tent.

I started to argue with my sister, Jenny about her space and I. "Rücken!" I yelled at her telling her to move over.

"Nun, vielleicht sollten Sie bewegen sich über," Jenny fought back: she told me to move over. Which I thought is unfair because I asked her first.

"Du bist so nervig!" I whined and shoved over in the van a bit. I told her that she was so annoying.

"Wobei zu laut!" Jacob yells. Jacob told us we were being too loud.

I rolled my eyes and leant back. "Hey, you three. You know the rules! No speaking German," mom told us hoping in the driver's seat. I see Lily, the oldest doing her make-up in the front.

"Sorry mom," we all said in unison.

"We just think it's unfair going on this camping trip," Lily said.

"What are you complaining about? You don't need to sit in the back with these three annoying baboons!" I pointed out. Lily huffs as the Jenny and Jacob fought back defending themselves.

It all turned into one big argument until mom shuts us up. "If I hear one more argument I'm gonna throw you all out!" Mum yells.

I sighed and looked out the window. "Hündin," I muttered telling them they were a bitch.

"Everest!" Mum gasped and started the car. "Or swear word!"

***

I looked at the groundings near us as my siblings started to unpack. "This is where we're staying?" I asked shocked.

"Hey, this is a step up from last year," Mason pointed out. It was.

"Hey! I thought that place was lovely," dad said. Of course, he did, he chose it!

"Dad," Milly frowned carding her things.

"Okay, things weren't as planned last year," Dad admits.

"A bear almost ate Lily!" I yelled.

"Hey, be quite," mom hissed.

"What? We're in the middle of nowhere! Who's gonna hear us?"

"I can," a unfamiliar voice said.

***

"Hello?" Mum called through the bushes. "I can't see anyone..."

"That's because I'm right here!" I jumped hearing the voice so loud behind me. I turned around and saw a boy with fluffy blondness hair and dark green eyes. "Hello, Everest," he whispers.

I smiled and finally hugged him. "Logan, what are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I'm here with my friends, you?" Logan asked.

"Family,"

We let go of the embrace. "Everest? Who's this handsome?" Lily purred, I shoved her away and she fell on the ground gasping.

"Do you have to hit on every single guy you see?" I snapped, I saw a smirk planted on Lily's face.

"Mum! Eve pushed me!" Lily whined. She may be the oldest, but she is the dumb.

***

Logan and I were sitting by a lake on the dock. We looked across the lake. "Your parents are cool," Logan complimented.

"Yeah, sometimes," I said.

"I'm sorry I didn't give you warning, Eve. I just... really wanted to see you," Logan said.

"But I thought you said you wanted to wait?" I asked Logan looking into his green eyes.

"I couldn't," Logan said.

I chuckled softly. "Hey, do you want to have dinner... later on with us? I mean: with you and your friend?" I offered, Logan smiles and looks down at me.

"Your eyes... brown and beautiful," Logan says and pushes my blonde hair back. We start to lean in but got cut off by a bear. I screamed as it shocked me and I fell into the lake. Logan was laughing at the site.

"Logan!" I screamed as the bear starts moving towards him. Logan does a dive into the lake and I start to laugh as he joins me resting his arms on the edge of the dock. "Who's laughing now?"

"Still me," Logan chuckled and pushes me under with all his strength. I squealed under water hitting Logan's hand.

Logan dives under as well and I didn't realise that we were so close. We lean in a kissed, I felt sparks. I really did.

You know the movies and books where they say they feel sparks and it feel like, amazing?

Well, that's what I feel like with Logan.

I let go of the kiss and we float up gasping for air.

I then hugged Logan, as he held me tight. "This is it," Logan whispered planting another kiss on my forehead.