A Collar Full of Chemistry

Lapis stared at her fish tank in silence, an indecisive look on her face. Heaving a sigh, she rolled on her back in her bed, the dark blue covers becoming wrinkled. What should I do...? Lapis asked herself; last night's events have been all she could think about for the entire day.

Don't get me wrong, she was flattered, almost a bit embarrassed she had been asked out on a date... Not to mention by an adorable, dorky girl... With her cute glasses, and stubby legs-

"Grrrrr no no no no!" Lapis interrupted her gay thoughts, pounding her fists against her head. You said to yourself you were never going to date again! Not after last time! Lapis scolded herself, a pained expression in her face as she thought about her previous girlfriend, whom she had broken up with a couple of months ago.

Lapis hugged her stuffed dolphin toy tight as she remembered her abusive relationship, how unhealthy it was... And Lapis was not only emotionally scarred, but physically as well. She was glad the bruises had healed up in time for spring. Plus, her previous partner had asked to come back- no, begged to get back together, but Lapis turned her down every time.

Lapis curled her body up into a tight ball, her knees up to her chest. A tear formed in her eye, and she roughly shook her head.

After a few moments of staring at the angelfish in her fish tank propped on her headboard, she reached and grabbed her smart phone from her night stand.

Lapis quickly called the person she always went to for help. "H-hey Blue?"

-----------------around 4:30 pm

Peridot tapped her foot nervously against the pavement, her eyes never wavering from the clock on her Samsung Glaxay. Maybe I should have been more precise on which Starbucks to meet at.. This is New York, there's 50 different Starbucks buildings in one mile, Peridot began to panic even more than she was before.

Why did I even ask her out? Ugh, I have more important things to be doing at the lab... I mean, she just saved my life, and poof! I ask her out on a date the next day? That stuff only happens in the movies... She's probably not even coming; probably didn't even consider the idea...

Despite her pessimistic thoughts, Peridot still stayed put, checking the time, and looking in each direction as she say on a bench in front of the coffee store.

Just when Peridot was giving up hope and going home to eat her feelings away in a tub of ice cream, she saw the elegant body of the artist who happened to listen to screamo music about blood and gore: Lapis Lazuli.

Just wanted to thank you all so much for voting and reading!!