Just Your Typical Day

Peridot let a huge yawn escape her as she exited the robotics lab." Ugh, I can't believe I pulled another all nighter..." She mumbled to herself as she walked outside. It was a mild spring night, the ground wet from last night's rain. The stars shined brightly overhead of Peridot, her stubby legs pale from staying in the lab 90% of the time during the day. She wore a simple baggy sweater, loose green shorts, and rocking her original style of socks and sandals.

Peridot adjusted her Star Wars shoulder bag as she walked along the busy streets of New York City. Despite it being midnight, the city was still buzzing with activity. Cafe's were still open, street performers working over time for some extra coin, people rushing home from work or going to their night job. Peridot loved all the commotion, the never empty streets, the never ending city.

She soon arrived at the subway she took daily back to her apartment, and sluggishly drug her feet on board. She took a seat in the corner, another loud yawn escaped her mouth. She hated standing on the subway, because she hated how short she was compared to everyone else; she honestly was scared she would get trampled, but she never told anyone that. Like she had anyone to tell that embarrassing fear to. Peridot has always put her education and technology before anything else, including her relationships and her own health. But all she really cared about back then was to get out of the orphanage and make her own mark on the world, and now all she cared about was becoming the best inventor in robotics. She promised herself nothing would stray her from her goal.

Peridot instinctively reached into her shoulder bag, searching for an energy drink. Whenever she ever got tired and was on the brink of falling asleep, she would always drink these to keep her awake for late nights at the lab, which was basically every day of the week.

She sighed in annoyance as she found no tiny bottle. Dang it... I'll have to get another dozen tomorrow... she lazily thought, regretting having to open her mouth and actually communicate with another human being.

Peridot rested her chin on her hand, her dark eyes gazing across the other people in the car. She was about to close them when her eyes suddenly saw a person with shorter, blue hair. Something stirred inside of Peridot, and she adjusted her circular glasses. She 'casually' slid closer to the stranger, who was sitting on the floor a couple of feet away from her.

Peridot glimpsed over the blue haired stranger's shoulder, her mouth forming an 'o' as she saw the beautiful floral print the stranger was painting. It was a lovely mixture and shades of blues, each stroke of the brush seemed to be unique and graceful in its own way.

Peridot glanced up at the person who was creating this masterpiece, and Peridot felt a piece of sweat drop form on her forehead. 

This stranger had short, dark ocean hair, which stood out against her light  latino skin. Her dark blue eyes solely focused on the painting before her, not even noticing Peridot staring at her. She wore a loose fitting dark grey tank top, which was tucked into her dark blue, long skirt with a dark pair of black flip flops.

Lapis stopped for a split second, feeling another presence behind her. Before she could turn around and look, the was a loud boom! and the entire train car shook. 

Lapis fell forwards on her wet painting, the paints beside her flew everywhere. Everybody screamed in surprise as they saw a fire in the car behind them, and sparks flew. Lapis grunted as she felt another body land on top of her. Laying her head to the side, she saw it was a girl around her age, with short, messy greenish, yellowish, tan hair.

Sorry guys, but I don't want to make this forever long! If you like it so far, don't be afraid to vote or comment! I will post the second chapter soon!