Letter 3

Dear Louis,

I just got back on my first date with Tami. It was... Interesting. I mean, she was fine and the date was fine, but something was off. I couldn't really tell what it was... But every time I looked into those big, brown eyes, I cringed. Those brown eyes weren't your blue ones.

Louis, I feel so cold when I go to sleep. There is no one on the other side of the bed to kiss away my tears if I wake up from a bad dream. There is no one to hold me and cuddle me if I'm a little cold or sick. I'm all alone, and I hate it.

I want to touch you. I need to. I need to kiss you and know that you are alright. But I can't from here. I'm staring at a wall most of the time, imagining what could have happened if we didn't sign that contract. Yeah, we'd still have to do things and we might get mobbed, but I would be able to face it next to you. And then I would come home, and there you would be, ready to hold me tight.

Tonight, I think I'll pop into a club. I need to feel something, and if I have to get drunk for this to happen, I'll do it. Who knows? Maybe I'll drink myself into hallucinating you next to me. It will be artificial, but it will be warmth in my heart.

I'm sorry. These words are probably really depressing, aren't they? I'll change topics.

Eleanor. How is she? I heard the news. You two are engaged, huh? I'm really happy for you, Louis. You found somebody else who makes you happy. And as long as you are happy, I am happy. When's the wedding? I'll show up with a bottle of champaign.

...

Ha. That was supposed to be funny.

Go ahead. Laugh.

...

Of course, we won't be able to go to each other's weddings because of stupid management. I'll never be able to see you again, probably. Why? Because of stupid management.

I'm sorry, but I'll have to cut this short.

I love you.

Harry