Chapter [4]

When you finally came to, you noticed that you were in a different location then before. You didn't understand, the last thing that you remembered was walking, your vision became fuzzy, then Boom! You're here.

"So you're finally awake, here have some soup, it will make you feel better."

You weakly turned your head towards Bilbo, who was standing next to you with a bowl of soup in his hands. As you slightly shook your head, he ignored you and tried to make you take the spoon and bowl, but you refused.
"(Y/n) come on, just eat it, if you don't, you'll die!"

A weak laugh left your lips. "Why should you be worried if I die or not, I don't have a purpose in this world, and it doesn't help you in any way, so why bother?" With your mind in this state, you couldn't stop yourself from saying certain things. It was almost like you were drunk.

"B-because..." He cleared his throat. "Because I consider you as my friend.....well, one of my only friends on this quest...and I can't let you die...and If you don't have a purpose to live. Then I'll give you a purpose, your purpose of life is to be my friend, to help look after the company, to look after me. Although I hate to admit this, I don't know how to fight." He looked around, to make sure no one was listening. "...I've never even held a sword before." He whispered.

Your brow furrowed. "Why are you so nice? I attacked you, yelled at you, almost killed you...and yet, here you are, trying to keep me from staving to death...and telling me that I am your friend?" You paused for a moment, trying to make heads or tails out of the situation. "It truly amazes me how you continue to find the brighter side of things when no one else can. You are one of a kind Bilbo Baggins, there is no hobbit in Hobbiton like you."

By the time you noticed that you slipped up, it was to late. "Wait, how do you know I'm from Hobbiton? I never mentioned that to you."

"I know lots of things about many people, and you are one of them." You continued to be stupid and you couldn't stop yourself from giving away information. Damn your unfocused mind. You mentally uppercut yourself in the jaw.

But before you could make the situation any worse, Thorin stormed over to the two of you, growing impatient of watching Bilbo baby you.

"Give me that!" He snatched the bowl from Bilbo's grip. He face was very close to yours. "Now listen to me very carefully, You are going to eat every last drop of food from this bowl. I am not this burglar,-" He nodded towards Bilbo. "If you resist, I will pour it down your throat, and I will not stop until it is all gone. Do you understand me Race-whore?" He growled out.

Bilbo opened his mouth to say something, but you beat him to it. "Do your worst, you stubby, dirt eating mole!" You spat.

If you were to be forced to live, then you by gods, you would resist with everything.

A growl left him as he clenched the bowl tighter. Then, without warning, he grabbed your face painfully hard. He then proceeded to rip your jaws open. He held the bowl in one hand, and kept your mouth open with the other. Without stopping, he poured the soup into your mouth, he did not stop to let you breathe, or swallow the food. It leaked down the sides of your face. Like he said, he didn't stop until the bowl was empty. When there was nothing left in the bowl, he slammed the bowl down in front of you before storming away angrily.

You were left a choking and coughing mess. Bilbo rushed to your side. "I'm so sorry (Y/n). I-, I'm-" He pulled out the strip of clothing that Bofur had given him on the first day of the journey. "Here-, let me clean you up."

He proceeded to wipe away the soup that didn't make it to your mouth off your face. "I'm sorry (Y/n), I. I should have stopped him. I just. I just froze!" He finished cleaning your face.

"Bilbo, you don't need to apologize. I'm fine." Before you could say anymore, a yawn escaped your lips.

"But I-"

You shushed him. "Bilbo, come here."

He looked rather confused as to why you wanted him to come closer to you, but slowly, he walked closer to you, not knowing what you were planing to do.
You lifted your bound arms over his head and around his shoulders. You pulled him into a strangely comfortable hug. "See, I am fine."
It took Bilbo a moment to process the hug, but then hesitantly wrapped his arms around you...or tried to at least.
He placed his head on your shoulder. There was a calming silence. He could hear your steady heartbeat and breathing. Bilbo closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth that radiated from you. But, before he could fully doze off in your arms, you began to speak. "Bilbo, I think you should go to bed, you seem tired."

"O-oh yes, I-um, I probably should." Was all he said before reluctantly leaving the warmth of your body. "Goodnight (Y/n). I shall see you tomorrow."

You hummed in response. You could hear Bilbo retreating to his bed before drifting off to sleep.