(57) Maybe Fifteen

Start from the beginning

No words were muttered on the ride to the clinic. No words needed to be muttered.

We were bristling in our own excitement. And I found myself smiling.

I hoped to God I was pregnant, not just for me, but for Kyle's happiness too. He meant the world to me, and I wanted to give him the world back. And I knew this baby was just that.

Kyle took my hand as soon as we were near the door. His excitement had now turned into nervousness; I knew. I could feel it throughout his body.

"Are you nervous?"

"Nah." He shook his head and scoffed but his eyes told me otherwise.

"Kyle-"

"I'm scared shitless." He stated.

"Why?" I asked as I squeezed his hand tighter in mine.

"I don't know." He replied as he looked around the place with curiosity. "It's just the fact there may be, for real, a baby inside of you. Our baby."

"Isn't that a good thing?" I looked to him, my head craning to see his face on top of that six foot three body.

He stopped in the middle of the corridor to look at me properly, almost bending his knees to meet my eyes.

"God, baby, don't ask things like that. That's a stupid question. Of course in a good way. Shit, do you not know how much you mean to me? Baby or not, we're a team and I'll always be here by your side." He said whilst his eyes looked down at me, and I had no doubt in my mind he meant it, and the people around us vanished.

"Okay." I whispered. "You make me happy." I said truthfully. He smiled down at me, so bright and fresh and happy. I loved him.

"You have no idea." He stated as he shook his head. He took hold of my hand again and we proceeded to move to the seating area after checking in.

The waiting area was warm and inviting. It felt homely, even though it did nothing to settle my nerves.

The vase of flowers scattered around the place gave a sense of beauty about the place, and the thin carpet gave a sense of comfort for all here.

Couples, women and men all sat down in the area, chatting away softly to eachother or reading magazines on their own.

Most of them were here for the same reason as Kyle and I. I smiled inwardly.

"Let's have more than one child." Kyle said as he looked to me. My eyes widened.

"You're thinking ahead." I stated. He chuckled.

"I know, but I want more than one little baby." He shrugged as his piercing eyes looked straight at me.

"How many?" I asked curiously.

"Three...four...five..." He trailed off. "Maybe fifteen." He smirked as his eyes twinkled with humour.

I gasped and my mouth shot open. "You're having a laugh."

"Maybe fifteen is a bit too much." He replied sheepishly and I laughed his way.

Before I could say another word, a plump woman called "Cali Knight."

Kyle smiled widely at the use of his second name; he always did. We had been married for weeks now, and he still loved that I had his last name.

Kyle and I made our way in to the room, noticeably calmer but still just as nervous as before.

Kyle picked my up and laid me on the bed. I blushed slightly as the plump lady dressed in a floral dress looked to us.

She asked us questions, Kyle answered them all. Did he really think I was incapable of answering myself?

I answered the questions I had to, and before long the lady who was now known as Laura had gotten the equipment in her hand and was ready to place the gel on my flat stomach.

It was cold just like Laura said it would be, but I still gasped otherwise.

Laura then placed the other part of the equipment on my stomach, and her eyes were now furrowed in concentration at the screen.

It felt like ages, time ticking slower than usual as we waited. I knew Kyle was becoming restless beside of me, he was fidgeting with the ring on my left hand, spinning it around and playing with my fingers every few seconds as he couldn't take his eyes away from me.

His stare used to be a little unnerving, but now I cherished it, I loved that I was the only thing he saw.

The more he fidgeted, the more restless I became too. But I couldn't move.

Finally, Laura's eyes came from the screen to look at us. Kyle sat still now, his attention trained in Laura.

"It's early days yet but I think I can make out that there is indeed, a baby in there." She smiled sweetly our way. "Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Knight."

My mouth broke out in to a smile. I expected that I was pregnant, so the suprise wasn't so much as a suprise to me as when I took the pregnancy test. Yet, Kyle stood up just as if he had heard it for the first time.

He swiped his phone out of his pocket and before he could ring anyone, I grabbed his arm.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my brow quirked. I had a sense of déjà vu.

"I want to tell my parents." His eyes flickered to mine with excitement and happiness. I knew this meant a lot to him, and I couldn't deny him when he looked that adorable.

"Fine, but don't tell anyone else, we'll invite everyone around for dinner or something." I pointed at him and shot me a smile before placing the phone to his ear.

I pulled down my top as soon as the gel was all wiped away, and I jumped when Kyle shouted down the phone.

"I'm going to be a daddy!" I looked to him and smiled. His face so bright and radiant with happiness I wanted to cry. "I know...I know...I can't believe it...put mum on the phone..." He was bristling with excitement. "I'm going to be a daddy!" He stated again.

I rolled my eyes at his excitement, but I couldn't help the smile that threatened to form on my face. He was everything.

"I know." He said quietly before I saw him wipe his hand across his watering eyes. My heart squeezed as I looked at him.

Laura had left us a while a go, and now I made my way off the bed to take Kyle in to my arms.

"I still can't believe it, mum." He said again as he kissed the top of my head, his eyes still teary.

Soon, he hung up on the phone and placed it back in his pocket. He then picked my body up and swung me around whilst he laughed in happiness.

"I can't wait to tell everyone else." He said. I looked into his teary eyes. He was everything I'd ever need. "I can't believe you're actually pregnant with our baby." He pecked my lips.

"Neither can I." In fact it hadn't quite gone in to my head yet properly.

I just knew I was the happiest woman alive. I was just happy I could give him our world.

"But now we have some ground rules-"

"Ground rules?" I asked him as my eyebrows furrowed. What was he talking about?

"No going out on your own, especially at night. No doing any unsafe activities, no-"

"Shut up." I replied as I laughed. He looked down to me seriously.

"I mean it, you think I was over bearing before, you haven't seen anything yet. I'm not only protecting you now." I rolled my eyes. He was still looking at me seriously, daring me to deny him.

I know he'd do anything for my safety.

"Okay, okay." I held my hands up and I smiled.

Over bearing; maybe. But I felt safe, there was no denying it.

"Shut up and take me home, husband, aka daddy." I winked his way and he chuckled.

Right now I knew I was the luckiest girl in the world.