He's Famous and my *Arranged* Husband To Be. (15)

Start from the beginning

I wasn't oblivious to the fact Bane was looking at me, I could feel his skin almost burning me I was that aware of it. It made the skin on my cheeks turn pink. That's when I looked up to see my brothers closest friends standing behind Alex and Jace. James, Andy, Ben, Nick- were all standing awkwardly behind them. I jumped up.

"What? I haven't been here for over a month and my big brothers have no hugs for me? How unloved am I?" I asked sarcastically, kind of hurt- but Alex and Jace smiled and turned to the side to let the four others tackle me.

First was Andy, I have known his since I was three and in diapers. He wrapped his strong arms around me and squeezed. "Addie, I missed you plenty. I jus' dint want tah have to restrain your little boy friend over there if he got jealous. I could hurt tha city boy." Andy's accent was really thick and strong, but you could understand what he was saying. He was from Georgia, so his southern twang was much worse than the one I was accustomed too.

I pulled away from him with a laugh, only to be grabbed my Ben. He also was a boy I've known, and grew up with like a brother. We've gone fishing, swimming, wrestle- anything manly and I've pretty much done it with all of them. Growing up, it was an unwritten thing, I was apart of the pact. I was one of them, regardless of my age. But because of that, not many other boys talked to me. It was hard to talk to little ole me when pretty much body guards are surrounding me.

I never really minded though, having a sheltered life. Most of the boys in Tribume were dumb, says Hillary and Lindsey which is all I needed to know. A lot of the girls in my school were jealous of how close I was to those boys, because I guess when they were in high school they were the popular ones- and then they'd swing by the middle school to pick me up. Hah, it's true.

After all my hugs, and small pecks on the cheek- and the awkwardness between me and James. It was unexplainable too, and it bothered me. Never before were we shy around one another I don't see why we had to start now. Maybe it was because I was in underwear-short things. Still, it bothered me to see him squirm like that. All the boys left to go out back to watch the bon fire that my Dad was trying to construct without their help. He should have learned that juvinile boys, fire.. Gasoline was going to become apart of that equation. I just hoped no one got hurt.

The girls, who apparently didn't witness them leaving because they were too busy staring awkwardly at my fiance in utter mystification, jumped back to life tot eh screen door snapping shut. They looked around them, and then blushed and rushed out to avoid an awkward situation. Too late, I would need to have a talk with them.

When the room was empty but Bane and I, we just looked at each other.

"Nice shorts." He said lamely, and I just blushed.

"Thanks... loser." I whispered the last part under my breath with a smirk. I could see there was something Bane wanted to say, because his whole face looked locked off from me, and he was struggling with something. "What's going on Bane? What did they do to you?" I asked sarcastically, and Bane smiled a little. Suddenly he started making steps slowly to me- and I met him half way without trying. When our chests were almost touching, Bane hesitantly put his arms around me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around him back. Even though there was a hint of awkward, because we had never really done this before, it felt nice. My heart swelled with a feeling I wasn't used too.

I could feel Bane bury his head into my hair, probably just not used to it being down- I told myself. I pressed my head into his chest, and it almost felt natural. Bane smelled like the usual, Abercrombie and Fitch cologne, hint of old spice and now something that made me extremely happy. He smelled like me, Bane smelled like my house- the home I grew up in my whole life. I breathed in deeply, happily.